Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 21, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #40,051 of 48,561
Does anyone know if there's a way to connect the Hugo 2 to a playstaion 4 using the bluetooth? I tried but it says the device won't work on the ps4 when I try to connect it even though it shows up.

Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction of someone who has maybe done this?

It won’t work. Your options are via optical cable or Bluetooth connection to your TV if supported. The PS4 does not allow any devices via blutooth except the controllers.

You could try a USB Bluetooth dongle (bt-w2) as last resort.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #40,052 of 48,561
It won’t work. Your options are via optical cable or Bluetooth connection to your TV if supported. The PS4 does not allow any devices via blutooth except the controllers.

You could try a USB Bluetooth dongle (bt-w2) as last resort.

Does hugo 2 allow two devices to be plugged in at the same time? For example usb to my pc and optical to my ps4?

Or for example having my pc off but still plugged in via the usb whilst i use my ps4 via the optical connection? Or can just have both turned on at the same time? I figure hugo2 only gonna play from whatever source the sound is coming from anyway.

Do you know? And thanks for your reply

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #40,053 of 48,561
Does anyone know if there's a way to connect the Hugo 2 to a playstaion 4 using the bluetooth? I tried but it says the device won't work on the ps4 when I try to connect it even though it shows up.

Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction of someone who has maybe done this?
You need Creative BT-W2 bluetooth transmitter (or any other bluetooth transmitter that advertises itself as an audio device to the OS)

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #40,054 of 48,561
Does hugo 2 allow two devices to be plugged in at the same time? For example usb to my pc and optical to my ps4?

Or for example having my pc off but still plugged in via the usb whilst i use my ps4 via the optical connection? Or can just have both turned on at the same time? I figure hugo2 only gonna play from whatever source the sound is coming from anyway.

Do you know? And thanks for your reply

You can have as many devices connected to the Hugo as you want (usb, optical, Bluetooth) and use the remote to switch between sources.

Apr 21, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #40,057 of 48,561
Mmmmmm..... God of war 4 with headphone setting+hd800.... sounds Fab!

Hahaha, exactly this but with my focal utopia instead haha.

Just gonna run an optical lead to the ps4 and leave it plugged in via usb to my pc so I don’t need to mess around with changing out cables all the time. I didn’t realise I could plug and use more than one device into hugo 2 at the same time until someone told me just before.

Apr 21, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #40,058 of 48,561
Mmmmmm..... God of war 4 with headphone setting+hd800.... sounds Fab!
The headphone settting is just glorified stereo. :/

GoW4 with The Sennheiser Game One + SBX = <3

Apr 21, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #40,059 of 48,561
Playing it with 5.1.2: PCM + Dolby upmixer for the height speakers. Simply incredible

Apr 21, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #40,060 of 48,561
Well it sounds pretty darnn good for glorified stereo... at times I wish I’d kept the X7 for the SBX... maybe again in the future.

To whomever was posting above about the opamps in the X7, I found the Burson V5i op amps were a very noticeable upgrade. There was better separation, high frequencies were more clear and the bass seemed a bit more controlled.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #40,061 of 48,561
The headphone settting is just glorified stereo. :/

GoW4 with The Sennheiser Game One + SBX = <3

Dissapointing if true, haven't tested it because I naturally just connect the Philips Dolby Headphone Device to the PS4 at night.
Wondering why Sony is sleeping on these. Horizon and Uncharted have 3D Audio support, albeit only for their headets. Ironically you can activate (only tested HZD) the 3D Audio if you have the PSVR enabled and connect your headset to the corresponding output.

Apr 22, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #40,062 of 48,561
I still need to hear a demo of a DSP with height cues. No virtual surround does height as far as the ones I've tested. The only time I heard height cues is from pre-recorded binaural audio.

The first one to do it for video games, will blow my mind.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #40,063 of 48,561
I still need to hear a demo of a DSP with height cues. No virtual surround does height as far as the ones I've tested. The only time I heard height cues is from pre-recorded binaural audio.

Realizer supposedly does.

Apr 22, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #40,064 of 48,561

Dolby Atmos and Dolby Atmos for Headphones on Xbox One both work with height cues.

I've verified they're working with Atmos demos/tests in the Edge browser on XB1 but I've never heard anything in a game, including Assassin's Creed Origins, which supports Atmos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back