Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 26, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #42,587 of 48,562
I honest miss the score not because I used to compare but to see what stands out on that specific Headphone! The Score kinda
I do believe scores have merit, but unfortunately 99% of the people that come here think it's a universal score where they like to compare with other headphones.

"Why does the KSC75 get a 7 for competitive, yet you speak highly about it, but an LCD2 get a 7 and you say there are better gaming headphones out there", etc.

It's things like this that make scoring more a chore and future problem than a benefit.

Every review should be looked at as a single entity. When I said 7 is good, I meant it's good. I don't believe the general stupidity nowadays where only 9s are good and everything else should be ignored.

That being said, I think we can agree when Isay something like a 7, it means it's good, but not without some caveats. If I decide to highlight the benefits or the detriments, it's to get a point across about the particular headphone. Like the LCD2 having a restrictive wall of sound that doesn't benefit gaming in stereo, but is less problematic with virtual surround.

Anyways, scores are a thing of the past. People gloss over reviews and simply look at scores, which goes against the single entity aspect of my reviews.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #42,588 of 48,562
Like seriously, if a $100 headphone had a 9 in competitive, and a $600 had a 7, you think the 9 is a better headphone, and should be chosen over the 7? THIS is why you do NOT compare headphones.

Even with the shortcomings that make, say an LCD2 a 7, I would still use that for gaming over an AD700. It's still gonna get the job done and have a much higher sound quality despite the flaws that steer focus away from brutally destroying competitive gaming.

I'm still using rated 7 headphone for almost all my needs over some headphones that would score higher.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #42,589 of 48,562
Hey guys, I recently purchased a Sennheiser HD58x for 100 euro had to pull the trigger, and they're quite amazing coming from Astro headset. That said, I can't help but wonder if they could sound a lot better plugged into g6 i just got Today rather them my mixamp TR since it can't power them all the way and i feel i'm not getting the best out of the HD58x true my Mixamp TR via ps4. Now that i have the g6 i'm trying to compare it to the mixamp TR am looking for a good settings/setup from the SBC app paired with my hd58x strictly for FPS Gaming like cod,fort,apex on the ps4.
Thanks in Advance.

Jun 28, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #42,590 of 48,562
Hey guys, I recently purchased a Sennheiser HD58x for 100 euro had to pull the trigger, and they're quite amazing coming from Astro headset. That said, I can't help but wonder if they could sound a lot better plugged into g6 i just got Today rather them my mixamp TR since it can't power them all the way and i feel i'm not getting the best out of the HD58x true my Mixamp TR via ps4. Now that i have the g6 i'm trying to compare it to the mixamp TR am looking for a good settings/setup from the SBC app paired with my hd58x strictly for FPS Gaming like cod,fort,apex on the ps4.
Thanks in Advance.

33 surround everything else off is what I used for the G6+58x combo.

They are very easy to power, I find it odd you say the Mixamp cannot power them. I even get them to decent to ear fatiguing volume with the almost underpowered GSX 1000.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #42,591 of 48,562
33 surround everything else off is what I used for the G6+58x combo.

They are very easy to power, I find it odd you say the Mixamp cannot power them. I even get them to decent to ear fatiguing volume with the almost underpowered GSX 1000.
Thank you idk why i said that it cannot power them i mean it was enough but i really wanted to check between the 2 on which sounds the best on the ps4.
I have some questions you're probably tired of hearing its about connecting the PS4 via Optical

Under Audio Out Put Settings

Primary Output Port - Under Optical there are 3 Check Boxes option for me to choose: Dolby Digital 5.1ch, DTS 5.1ch & AAC. My Question is Do I select all of them? or Which one? If I select the wrong one will it Damage my G6 ? Because it says: Note that if the device does not support the selected format the Speakers might be damage.

and Under Audio Format (Priority) - Bitstream (Dolby), Liner PCM, & Bitstream(DTS) Which Do I select?

and in the SBC there is a option to set Dolby full, normal or Night & Configuration set to 5.1 or stereo?

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #42,595 of 48,562
has anyone used the Beyer DT1990s for gaming, ? recommended ? im sure they are pretty darn good... (love the Beyer sound)

The DT 990s are nice, no complaints there, just wondered if they are THAT much better?

thanks once again,

EDIT: while im here... ill pop this out there

Yes i have the DT990s, but i dont mind getting another pair of cans, for gaming.
Was wondering if anyone had experience with the following, Audeze LCD2, The Beyers,
T90, T1 and the above DT 1990s.. in a gaming environment. the T1s being a semi closed back, but still would offer i would imagine a pretty good soundstage, .

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #42,597 of 48,562
Jul 10, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #42,598 of 48,562
Makes me wonder if they're officially replacing SBX for it. Personally I definitely prefer SXFI, but it needs to be said that SBX is the least processed sounding VSS out of the ones I've used, and some may find that preferable.

Jul 11, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #42,599 of 48,562
In terms of processed sounds feels, would you say that your experience with the SXFI was extremely processed vs the SBX or are they similar? Did you feel more "there" with the SXFI setup vs SBX? Cheers

Jul 11, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #42,600 of 48,562
I believe I said it in the review of the Air. SXFI is like typical VSS in that it does have a reverb that will sound more processed than SBX. It's less processed than say Dolby Headphone, but it's not as discreet as SBX.

If you want amazing virtual surround, you're gonna have to accept the processed reverb that comes with it. SBX may sound the least processed, but makes it sound less ideal in surround emulation because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back