Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 26, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #42,361 of 48,561
550g.... Holy smokes are they made out of a vehicle? That's probably the heaviest headphone I've seen yet.

But man the cloth pads look glorious. I want them just to have and swap around.

If anyone knows of they would sell the pads separately....I WANT THEM.

jpcsxe.jpg
Cough...cough...lcd-4...cough...cough

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #42,362 of 48,561
They actually come with an additional pair of earpads called cotton earpads. :slight_smile:
Separately some time later.

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #42,363 of 48,561
Lol, I really should ask Sankar to make an LCD planar out of cheap plastic to lower the weight.

They actually come with an additional pair of earpads called cotton earpads. :slight_smile:
Separately some time later.

I edited my last post with those, lol. That's MAINLY what I want out of this, hahaha. The cotton pads look like the greatest pads ever concocted.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #42,365 of 48,561
It's called the Mobius. :wink:

Seriously though, it does sound like it belongs as a member of the LCD family to my ears.
I don't disagree. Other than the fact that it's closed, and of a different shape, it's very LCD2 like give or take a few frequencies. You can't mistake the Audeze sound from it. The only thing that would make the Mobius better for me would be a pad change, and open back design. Oh and DEFINITELY a passive mode for the Aux input that doesn't use the internal dac/amp of the Mobius, but I know that's a limitation with the design they went with. I know people would have loved to use their own gear for it.

I had done a pad swap, but it made the Mobius too clampy. It'd definitely have to be something specifically designed for the Mobius that wasn't leather padded.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #42,366 of 48,561
I'm contemplating placing an order for those new gel-filled ear pads on their site for use with mine. I know it's not cloth, so it wouldn't check your boxes perfectly, but it might be worth looking into from a comfort stand point. If I do decide to make the jump, I might order a pair this weekend or next week.

https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/gel-filled-ear-pads-mobius

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #42,367 of 48,561
I'm contemplating placing an order for those new gel-filled ear pads on their site for use with mine. I know it's not cloth, so it wouldn't check your boxes perfectly, but it might be worth looking into from a comfort stand point. If I do decide to make the jump, I might order a pair this weekend or next week.

I believe Sankar told me he was sending them out to me soon-ish for impressions, so I'll def let you guys know how they fare compared to the stock pads. Considering the stock pads are actually really good on comfort for a pleather pad, I have high hopes these will be at least as good if not better.

I find it weird that you have to select your Mobius color. Aren't the pads just black? Lol. Maybe some stitching or something has the copper/blue colors.

edit: I'm dumb, it's the mounting plastic that def has the color accent. Here's hoping he sent the right color (copper). :dizzy_face:

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #42,368 of 48,561
Oh nice, since you're going to be getting a pair, I'll just wait until you've had a chance to play with them before jumping. I'm not in a rush. I've been playing with a new toy that arrived recently (not gaming related), so between that and the Matrix Audio Element M I'm currently borrowing from the office, I have a number of things to occupy my free time. Looking forward to your impressions of those new gel pads.

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #42,369 of 48,561

They are cooler than stock pads, and thinner. With the new pads, my left ear touches the inside and that never happened with stock. They advertise better sealing and I wear glasses so I decided to give it a try. Sealing to me looks almost identical and I haven't heard sonic differences between both sets.

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #42,370 of 48,561
They are cooler than stock pads, and thinner. With the new pads, my left ear touches the inside and that never happened with stock. They advertise better sealing and I wear glasses so I decided to give it a try. Sealing to me looks almost identical and I haven't heard sonic differences between both sets.
Sounds to me more like it's mainly about altering the heat dissipation than any sonic benefit or whatnot.

Apr 26, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #42,372 of 48,561
I don't expect anything truly noticeable since when I used the 1540 alcantara pads, it still sounded like the Mobius to me. As long as pad seal and distance is similar, I doubt I'll hear a diff.

Apr 26, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #42,373 of 48,561
Sounds to me more like it's mainly about altering the heat dissipation than any sonic benefit or whatnot.

Let us know what you think when you get them, I'm not the best doing A/B comparisons.

I too don't feel I'm much of an expert at detecting sonic differences between pads, but from my time with them so far, they basically sound the same. That said, I do find the gel pads to seal a bit better with my glasses, especially on my left ear. And yeah, they're cool (almost cold) when I first put them on and seem to not warm up as much from trapped body heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back