Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 7, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #41,326 of 48,561
eBay or send the owner an email from his website.
X7 needs 4 opamps total:
ss3602 x2
ss3601 x2

Sound is absolutely phenomenal after the upgrade. It’s an investment but if you want the absolute best for gaming/hi res audio all in one, its the best way to go. It’s sound rivals some of my more expensive equipment.
Just curious, what have you compared the X7+ Sparkos with?

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #41,328 of 48,561
I just now realized that headfi allows you to go deeper into edits and it has a spell check. SMH. 8 years plus, and I just NOW figured this out.

edit: The G6 review has been updated and added to the front page. As far as I can tell, this is final, barring some updates once Creative fixes its issues.

It is filed under Creative Sound BlasterX G6, for when you want to search

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #41,330 of 48,561
Oct 9, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #41,331 of 48,561
PS4 users...

Have you had any issues with friends saying you sound a little quiet? I have one friend who says he can hear me loud and clear (although he admits to having his chat volume really high), whereas three others have said I sound quiet.

Is it simply a case of adjusting the sidetone volume, or is there any other setting(s) in the mixer that I can play around with?

Many thanks.

Oct 9, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #41,332 of 48,561
PS4 users...

Have you had any issues with friends saying you sound a little quiet? I have one friend who says he can hear me loud and clear (although he admits to having his chat volume really high), whereas three others have said I sound quiet.

Is it simply a case of adjusting the sidetone volume, or is there any other setting(s) in the mixer that I can play around with?

Many thanks.

Hi Cesarlo,

You can adjust your mic volume by adjusting G6 sidetone volume or by PS4 Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Adjust Microphone Level.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #41,333 of 48,561
Hi Cesarlo,

You can adjust your mic volume by adjusting G6 sidetone volume or by PS4 Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Adjust Microphone Level.

Hi Lay. :)

I'd been using 'Adjust Microphone Level' and to me it sounded perfect. I recorded a couple of videos where I tested the mic (while I was in a party), so that I could listen back to it, but then someone else tonight said I sounded quiet so it felt like I was back at square one.

I never had anyone say I sounded quiet when I used the X7, and it's the same people I've always played with, so it's a direct comparison.

I've been doing a few tests to try and get it right. I've adjusted the sidetone (basically put it as high as it'll go), and again it sounds perfectly fine when I test it out, but I'll see what they say tomorrow! Just wondered if there was anything else in the settings I might have missed or could be used to improve it.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #41,334 of 48,561
So after a long hard look at the very best headset for xbox competitive play such as pubg, bo4, i still dont know whats the best for me ? For hearings footsteps the best and such. I have plans on sennheiser but theres a few to choose from. What heaphone/headset would you guys suggest as i am going to start streaming bo4 and want to be ready. Let me know, would really appreciate it thanks.

Oct 10, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #41,335 of 48,561
Anyways, so I guess my next thing to review is the Creative Trio IEM, so keep an eye out for that, guys.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #41,337 of 48,561
Just curious, what have you compared the X7+ Sparkos with?

Second (different) opinion on Sparkos SS3601 + SS3602 + USB dejitter + regulated linear power supply upgrade on X7:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cre...iew-impressions.756102/page-209#post-14531130

I have compared X7 to:

- AqVox USB Dac 2
- Simaudio Moon 430HA (w/ DAC)
- X7 standard (with OpAmps it ships with)

I can't recommend the Sparkos update un-eq'd, especially if you are sensitive to sibiliance or don't like upper mid-treble frequency range pronounced slow decay (around 6-8kHz).

Oct 11, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #41,338 of 48,561
So after a long hard look at the very best headset for xBox competitive play such as pubg, bo4, i still don't know whats the best for me ? For hearings footsteps the best and such. I have plans on Sennheiser but there's a few to choose from. What headphone/headset would you guys suggest as i am going to start streaming bo4 and want to be ready. Let me know, would really appreciate it thanks.

Sennheiser HD558 or Audio Technica ATH-AD700(X) headphones.
Modmic.
Astro Mix-amp.

Oct 11, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #41,339 of 48,561
Second (different) opinion on Sparkos SS3601 + SS3602 + USB dejitter + regulated linear power supply upgrade on X7:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cre...iew-impressions.756102/page-209#post-14531130

I have compared X7 to:

- AqVox USB Dac 2
- Simaudio Moon 430HA (w/ DAC)
- X7 standard (with OpAmps it ships with)

I can't recommend the Sparkos update un-eq'd, especially if you are sensitive to sibiliance or don't like upper mid-treble frequency range pronounced slow decay (around 6-8kHz).
Have you tried running Sparkos only without the LPS and the usb dongle?

Oct 11, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #41,340 of 48,561
Have you tried running Sparkos only without the LPS and the usb dongle?

Sure, no difference in sound. What I mainly wanted with the PSU was a lower noise floor (can't hear it, perhaps measurements might reveal something) and with de-jitter lack of problems with the USB-connection (sometimes, very rarely, X7 drops off the USB).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back