Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 6, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #26,791 of 48,560
There is a battery version and a standard version of the O2, IIRC. The battery version doesnt seem to be popular, probably since the O2 isnt THAT small and will likely eat up batteries like nothing else.

Thanks. The website I would order it from has the battery version. Are the batteries replaceable? Not sure a cord solution would work well for me as the amp will be a good 15 ft from an outlet. USB power would work better, but I don't think the o2 has that.

O2 has super good reviews online, anyone have experience with it and the mixamp pro 2013?

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #26,792 of 48,560
I believe it uses a 9v or 12v battery, and should be easily replaceable.

The battery bay is the same space that the standard O2 uses to house the internal ODAC if you choose the combo. If 6ou were to use the ODAC+O2, you can't use a battery. Not that you are. I personally find the ODAC to be the more interestingof the two objective devices. The ODAC was my favorite dac.

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #26,793 of 48,560
I believe it uses a 9v or 12v battery, and should be easily replaceable.

The battery bay is the same space that the standard O2 uses to house the internal ODAC if you choose the combo. If 6ou were to use the ODAC+O2, you can't use a battery. Not that you are. I personally find the ODAC to be the more interestingof the two objective devices. The ODAC was my favorite dac.

You think the physical size of the o2 would get to be a pain setting up each night I use my ps4? Would be stored with mixamp under tv, then pulled out to my couch. Otherwise I am think Fiio e12,but not sure how it pairs with the mixamp and my sennheiser g4me one cans. Any thoughts?

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #26,794 of 48,560
The game one isn't hard to drive, so I would just use the Mixamp alone.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #26,795 of 48,560
The game one isn't hard to drive, so I would just use the Mixamp alone.

OK, thanks for the tip. Using the ds4 I have the volume at max just to sound somewhat loud, haven't hooked up the mixamp yet. I guess it will provide sufficient amplification.

I ordered the game one just before I read all your reviews. Figured I would send it back and get the new x2 or k712,but though what the heck, try it out first. I really like it, and having built in mic is nice. Do have a boompro and Nad hp50 when I need more isolation.

Thanks again.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #26,796 of 48,560
Hey, I'm new to this thread.

I just got the Fidelio X2 for music and gaming. However, I plan on selling them because their warm sound signature does not deliver enough punch in the bass department. I feel like I'm constantly waiting for that punch in the bass kicks but it never comes. Also, they didn't seem to do amazing in-game either.

I want open-back headphones for gaming (cs go) and music. With good mids, bass, and punch. (I mainly listen to electronic/house/R&B)

Any recommendations? My budget is under 1k for headphones/soundcard/amp. 

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #26,797 of 48,560
Get the X1 if the X2 isnt bassy enough for you. If not, the DT990.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #26,798 of 48,560
Hey, I'm new to this thread.

I just got the Fidelio X2 for music and gaming. However, I plan on selling them because their warm sound signature does not deliver enough punch in the bass department. I feel like I'm constantly waiting for that punch in the bass kicks but it never comes. Also, they didn't seem to do amazing in-game either.

I want open-back headphones for gaming (cs go) and music. With good mids, bass, and punch. (I mainly listen to electronic/house/R&B)

Any recommendations? My budget is under 1k for headphones/soundcard/amp. 

I believe in burn-in and usually brand new headphones dont sound similar to what some peoples descriptions say.

When I first got the X1's, I was impressed but the bass was still lacking....150hrs later of use.....man the bass came to life!.

I mean, the X2 is practically the same as the x1 with just slightly less bass (as to what some have so far have said). Honestly, its still too early for several headfiers to start reviewing or complaining about the X2.

Also, you seem to be relatively new to the scene, as in the audiphile world per se. In order for any member to help you a bit more or recommend you something better, do tell us what hardware you are using?

Dont take this the wrong way but it almost seems like you didnt do much research prior to purchasing the x2.

Also, MLE....not sure but do you believe in burning in or breaking into headphones?

I was expecting you to answer him with a "give them more hours of use or leave them with music playing for several hours and see how the sound changes".......

Just wondering

Nov 7, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #26,799 of 48,560
I don't. Change to another headphone for many many hours or over the course of many days then come back to the previous headphone and see how your brain needs to readapt as the sound is "suddenly" not as you "left it". 

However pad structure/composition/deterioration effect noticably but depending on the quality this takes a long time. 

Nov 7, 2014 at 4:38 AM Post #26,800 of 48,560
R.I.P Monster DNA Pro. One of the pads burst open. I think its time to just put it to rest. Waiting on that X2...

Until then, looks like I have no voice chat, since I cant find the y adapter for the Mixamp+Clip on mic.

Oh, I forget I currently have a loaner pair of cans with a mic.

Nov 7, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #26,801 of 48,560
Did you order the X2?

Nov 7, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #26,803 of 48,560
I got my x2 a week ago from Amazon.com.
They say out of stock but for me it took about two weeks from order to delivery. I guess they slowly stocking up to keep prices up.

Anyways, I'll let them burn in. so far my source is iPhone and stock computer mother board. What's a good sound card?

I'll give the dt990s a shot if I find some in Toronto. As long as the sound separation is good and they have bass punch then I'm happy.
So far the x2 sound separation in cs: go isn't that good compared to my simple old iPod headphones. The front and rear separation is lacking.

Thanks everyone

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #26,804 of 48,560
Okay guys, I have an update and a question. I have started building my setup piece by piece. I got my new X-Box One and PS4. Due to some issues at the store, I caved and got a set of Playstation Gold Wireless headphones (got them for half price) to get me by because I only had the stock set. I also received my Q701s. I really want to use them on my gaming consoles, but for the life of me I cannot find a decently priced Astro Mixamp 5.8. Does anyone here have one for sale or know where I could get a decent deal on a set? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #26,805 of 48,560
Hey guys, I need a new gaming headphone to match with my mix-amp as the 3.5mm tip of my a40s is bent and I've been waiting months for a new cable from astro while listening to only one channel only to find out last night in an email that they no longer manufacture the cable so I'm SOL. I'm done with astro after a 6 year relationship unless my mix-amp takes a dump too. . So I'm looking at a cheap alternative but without a doubt would like to use the vmoda boom mic. What headphones work with it? I know the vmodas do and the x2s would work too right? . What other alternatives? I would go sennheiser gaming headset route but I did not like the 598 at all for gaming. I'm pretty positive I will be getting the x2 with or before income tax but can't afford it right away so looking for a cheaper, temporary alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back