Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 8, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #46,711 of 48,561
Yep. But has to be via SPDIF in.

I don't know why but from my Xbox S SPDIF there was a weird electrical buzzing (but Dolby light was on and SXFI remained on) and I thought I had a faulty unit, but using my TV's SPDIF worked flawlessly. I.e. setting console to bitstream to TV and having TV passthrough Dolby. Might have just been something weird with my console or unit, not sure.

Did not. Curious about those too. What is the Arya an update of? I have the HiFiman 400i, 560, and the Massdrop Edition XX. I love them all but HD800S still edges them out one way or another.
The Arya is an alternative to HD800s, but with planar magnetic. Arya won't beat out the HD800s in Soundstage, but the Imaging is better on the Arya.

Apr 11, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #46,712 of 48,561
Hi everyone !
I recently ordered the AD700X and the PC38X, which one would you recommend for pure FPS only ? (99% Valorant) since I have an Audeze Penrose for solo games and immersive games. I am going to receive the AD700X tomorrow and ordered PC38X on amazon (I am from France) and it will be shipped the 04/19.
I read AD700X is better on a topic, and then PC38X... so I’m a bit lost... :)

Apr 11, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #46,713 of 48,561
Hi everyone !
I recently ordered the AD700X and the PC38X, which one would you recommend for pure FPS only ? (99% Valorant) since I have an Audeze Penrose for solo games and immersive games. I am going to receive the AD700X tomorrow and ordered PC38X on amazon (I am from France) and it will be shipped the 04/19.
The PC38X is a headset (built in mic) the AD700X is just a headphone (no mic).
Do you need a mic function?

Apr 11, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #46,714 of 48,561
Hi everyone !
I use a PC38X for COD WZ and Battlefield. I have good results for footstep location identification (my most important surround sound criteria) as well as other game sounds. The mic works well for cross-platform in-game chat as well as Discord. I can't speak to the AD700X.

Apr 11, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #46,715 of 48,561
The PC38X is a headset (built in mic) the AD700X is just a headphone (no mic).
Do you need a mic function?
Not really, I already have a good mic, and I plan to buy a dynamic mic to start streaming, so I won’t use the mic from the PC38X, except if its kinda good. :)

I use a PC38X for COD WZ and Battlefield. I have good results for footstep location identification (my most important surround sound criteria) as well as other game sounds. The mic works well for cross-platform in-game chat as well as Discord. I can't speak to the AD700X.
Thanks for your reply, I will try the AD700X, if I am not seeing good results, or I’m not satisfied with it, I’ll keep the PC38X (coming early May). :)

Apr 11, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #46,717 of 48,561
Hi folks, I have recently managed to get a PS5 and I'm just trying to sort out the audio for it. On my PS4 I used an Astro mixamp (a fairly old one now, as I've been using it for years) and a set of 16ohm Beyerdynamic DT990's, with a modmic.

I initially bought the new Pulse 3D Headset, but I'm not keen on wireless headsets and it seemed a shame to stop using my Beyerdynamics as they're such a nice comfy headphone, so I sold it to a friend before even opening the box.

Anyway, Astro were unable to confirm if an older mixamp like mine would work with the Tempest 3D audio or not, plus I fancied upgrading the audio in general anyway. I've got a copy of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, so really need to test it to see if the 3D audio seems to work properly, unless anyone here knows?

I have also been considering the Shiit Hel 2, but of course it doesn't have any surround sound functionality like the Mixamp. As such, I presume I'd lose the surround effect if I went to the Hel 2, at least, for any games without the Tempest audio?

What options are there for getting a good amp/DAC and keeping the virtual surround sound?

I mostly play Warzone at the moment, so want an option with good positional audio. I wouldn't mind an EQ and the ability to plug in my phone for a bit of music in the background as I game, but that's not essential. My current mixamp doesn't have an EQ, so it's nothing I'd miss.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 11, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #46,718 of 48,561
Lol @Mad Lust Envy 's comment on their competitive prowess (10/10 - he says the X is similar):

The AD700 ditches warmth, bass, and musicality for sheer performance and detail-whoring.
Yeah, but apparently, the PC38X is so much better tuned, and the AD700X may be a bit outdated compared to it, that’s why I’m asking ahah. And he’s also using some VSS that I don’t so I’ll see. But like you said, I am 99.99999% sure if not 100% sure it will fit my needs !

Apr 11, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #46,719 of 48,561
Yeah, but apparently, the PC38X is so much better tuned, and the AD700X may be a bit outdated compared to it, that’s why I’m asking ahah. And he’s also using some VSS that I don’t so I’ll see. But like you said, I am 99.99999% sure if not 100% sure it will fit my needs !
I've A/B's the PC38X with and without VSS (Dolby Atmos). There's no question for me that with Atmos is better for locating sounds. It sounds better to me as well.

Fortunately for you, you'll be able to try them both headphones/headsets. Good luck!

Apr 11, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #46,721 of 48,561
Just seen this as well. Not sure if any good? Looks good for tweaking settings, but beyond that...

https://uk.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-gc7#buy-menu

What’d I’d do for a “GX7” with upgraded x7 internals, the ability to use my sparkos opamps, and host mode for my iPhone, and balanced output!
All while having the ability to mix audio and chat on the fly 🤤

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it’ll be awhile before we see any sort of x7 successor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back