Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 28, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #42,241 of 48,560
Nothing for the Elegia, but I did ask about the Koss Stats. That may be a possibility. We'll see. I don't know yet.

Mar 28, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #42,242 of 48,560
Hey guys, so I was given the go ahead to do my normal process for these, but just wanna let you guys know that the next product I'm in the process of reviewing is the Massdrop X HIFiMAN Edition XX!

I've spent the better part of ALL last week using them, and I'm excited to let you guys know that it is a banger.

Looking forward to the review. I got in on this drop and am eagerly awaiting these.

Apr 4, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #42,243 of 48,560
I went ahead an ordered a Schiit Magni 3. I don't wanna feel like I'm underpowering headphones I review and whatnot, so I figured I'll at least get a highly regarded affordable amp. The G6 dac is good enough for my needs for now if I'm doing serious stereo listening, and of course all my gaming tests will be utilizing everything from the GSX1000 for GSX, the U3/Mixamp 5.8 for Dolby Headphone, the G6 for SBX. I do wish SYS by Schiit had 3 inputs. I'll have to constantly unplug whatever is attached to the Magni.

Apr 4, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #42,244 of 48,560
I went ahead an ordered a Schiit Magni 3. I don't wanna feel like I'm underpowering headphones I review and whatnot, so I figured I'll at least get a highly regarded affordable amp. The G6 dac is good enough for my needs for now if I'm doing serious stereo listening, and of course all my gaming tests will be utilizing everything from the GSX1000 for GSX, the U3/Mixamp 5.8 for Dolby Headphone, the G6 for SBX. I do wish SYS by Schiit had 3 inputs. I'll have to constantly unplug whatever is attached to the Magni.

Use 2 SYS? Or something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Switcher-Composite-Selector-Consoles/dp/B00KXVBB3Q

Apr 4, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #42,245 of 48,560
Apr 5, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #42,248 of 48,560
Apr 6, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #42,253 of 48,560

How would you connect G6 to Magni? Optical to RCA adapter or something like that? Thanks.

Apr 6, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #42,254 of 48,560
How would you connect G6 to Magni? Optical to RCA adapter or something like that? Thanks.
The G6's output jack is a combination line out/optical out. So an RCA to 3.5mm cable is all I need. In the software, you can set the G6 to send either a digital signal or analog.

The Xonar U3 also has a combo line/optical out, so in the settings you can change whether to send an analog signal or Digital one.

In the future if I get the Modi, I can just set the G6 to optical out, and it bypasses the G6 dac and uses the Modi instead. So I can have the G6 do SBX, and send that digitally to the Modi. But for now I'll have the G6 do all the digital processes and send the information via the analog to the Magni.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #42,255 of 48,560
Modi Multibit is a very fine device, owned it for more than a year until I upgraded. The current version seems to be even better.

My G6 is connected via USB to the PC and via optical the PS4 and optical out to my DAC.
Power wise it's connected to a WYRD so I always have USB power, especially when the PC is off. Thank god the current firmware works very stable and does not reset or magically alter settings making me power up the PC again reset settings and put them back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back