Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #39,812 of 48,561
You can, and I have. It's not the best solution like console support would be, but it's an ok experience. It's far better on the PC.
Is it recognized as 7.1 device by Windows?

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #39,814 of 48,561
It is recognized as 7.1.

I think only when it is actually set as 7.1. both two channel and high res will be recognized as such.

As for how this compared to the K702, come on man, your asking to compare an open dynamic made for analytical/critical listening vs a closed planar with a balanced albeit bass infused tilt.

I hate comparing open vs closed in any instance, especially fun vs analytical. They're too different.

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #39,815 of 48,561
Firstly, I want to thank you for this great review MLE...

I have Creative SBZ ZXR and Fidelio X2 for a long time, and I'm in a mood for change them with something better/different/new. I am hesitating to change them, because they are so screw good.

Do you think Mobius will be my savior ? Like how their DSP' compete with SBX ?

Btw you're saying they don't have the best DSP you ever heard, so what is it than ? What is the best DSP you ever heard ? I'm very curious about that.

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #39,816 of 48,561
It is recognized as 7.1.

I think only when it is actually set as 7.1. both two channel and high res will be recognized as such.

As for how this compared to the K702, come on man, your asking to compare an open dynamic made for analytical/critical listening vs a closed planar with a balanced albeit bass infused tilt.

I hate comparing open vs closed in any instance, especially fun vs analytical. They're too different.
Have you tried any modded t50 mk3 ? How do the soundstages and imaging compare ?

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #39,817 of 48,561
Well, thanks a lot MLE (@MadLustEnvy) this is the second headphone I've purchased from you (well sort of anyway). I've been looking for something wireless that would work with PC gaming, and well, after watching their videos and reading your p/review I backed the Mobius. I'm hoping it's what I'm looking for, but I guess that if it isn't I can probably resell them without a loss.

One thing that worries me is that out of all the Audeze cans I've tried, some of the pads are big and deep enough for my ears, and some not at all.

Mar 14, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #39,818 of 48,561
Bugger MLE - just cost me another bundle via the Indigogo page for pre-orders with discounts

This is probably the most exciting I've been for a headphone item since the A16.

If this is all it looks cracked up to be I'll finally be keen to offload the majority of my collection.

Wonder which will turn up at the door 1st - the Mobius or the A16?

Mar 14, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #39,819 of 48,561
Firstly, I want to thank you for this great review MLE...

I have Creative SBZ ZXR and Fidelio X2 for a long time, and I'm in a mood for change them with something better/different/new. I am hesitating to change them, because they are so screw good.

Do you think Mobius will be my savior ? Like how their DSP' compete with SBX ?

Btw you're saying they don't have the best DSP you ever heard, so what is it than ? What is the best DSP you ever heard ? I'm very curious about that.

There are trade offs. Out of the ones I've tested, Dolby Headphone has the best surround emulation in terms of positional accuracy, but the reverb makes the sound a bit echoy and artificial. SBX is my fave atm as it's close enough to DH, without the excess reverb, so virtual surround sounds more natural. The Mobius DSP is kind of more like SBX than DH. Not so much reverb, but rear positional cues aren't as strong. Still, they're above decent and I wouldn't have a problem gaming with it, if it were my only virtual surround device.

Mar 15, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #39,820 of 48,561
MLE, do you still have your Xonar U3?

Everyone who has a Xonar U3 or any other 7.1 product should try the EQ APO + HeSuVi combination and tell me how they like switching between DHP, SBX, DTS X, Dolby Atmos etc. Some of these convolution filters don't sound right to me but SBX 7.1, DHT/DHP sound good. The Dolby Atmos filter has the center in your head, like DTS:X as well, the fronts more boxed in.

It's free and only takes a minute to install. Just deactive DHP or anything else on your sound card and set it to 7.1

Mar 15, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #39,821 of 48,561
The "head tracking" in the Mobius is the interesting thing for me.

If that actually works it'll eliminate 99% of the issues I have with VSS

Frontal cues have never been working for me in any solution I've tried so far - if the head tracking gives even a little "focus" on what I'm looking at then it'll be a huge leap forward.

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #39,822 of 48,561
MLE, do you still have your Xonar U3?

Everyone who has a Xonar U3 or any other 7.1 product should try the EQ APO + HeSuVi combination and tell me how they like switching between DHP, SBX, DTS X, Dolby Atmos etc. Some of these convolution filters don't sound right to me but SBX 7.1, DHT/DHP sound good. The Dolby Atmos filter has the center in your head, like DTS:X as well, the fronts more boxed in.
It's free and only takes a minute to install. Just deactive DHP or anything else on your sound card and set it to 7.1

I still have it. Let me know what to do and I'll give it a go this weekend. Won't have much time for the next few days.

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #39,823 of 48,561
This is the main page. https://sourceforge.net/projects/hesuvi/

Installation is very easy

1. Download and install Equalizer APO. A configurator will open at the end of the installation and you are asked to select devices for which the APO is to be set up. Tick the box in front of your default device (see the Status column for that) and finalize the installation – but do not reboot.
  2. Download and install HeSuVi. Unpack it into Equalizer APO's config folder. The HeSuVi installer will automatically point to the correct folder if you didn't change Equalizer APO's install folder.
  3. HeSuVi should open and you can click on Restart Audio in the bottom left if you didn't reboot in step one.
  4. Click the Open Windows Sound Panel button next. Select your default device there, click the Properties button in the bottom right corner and change the sampling rate to 48000 Hz from the Default Format dropdown under Advanced. Save with OK.
  5. Configure your playback device to surround sound by clicking on Configure in the lower left corner of the Sound Panel window. Select 7.1 Surround(or anything above 3 channels) and follow through with the configuration untill the window closes.

most important presets are:

– Dolby Atmos Headphone
– CMSS-3D
– SBX Pro Studio Surround (also found in BlasterX Acoustic Engine & THX TruStudio Pro)
– Dolby Headphone
– Sennheiser GSX Binaural 7.1
– DTS Headphone:X
– Windows Sonic Headphone
– Dolby Home Theater v4 Headphone Surround Virtualizer
– Razer Surround
– Out Of Your Head
– Flux HEar V3
– OpenAL HRTF
– and many more!

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #39,824 of 48,561
Interesting. I'll definitely look into it. Mind copying that post and sending me it as a message? I don't wanna lose it, and I'm on mobile.

Mar 15, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #39,825 of 48,561
So the Mobius is just not good for Xbox? And the bluetooth isn't a thing for PS4, or..? I plan on using this bluetooth on my PC and aux to my Xbox controller but it sounds like that's a bad thing to do? (and I assumed bluetooth would work with PS4).

EDIT: I mostly just want a very good sounding headset to use pretty painlessly with PC, PS4 and XB1. Is there no kind of 3D sound using aux?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back