Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 8, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #44,281 of 48,560
If the 598 is anything to go by for the 599, the X2 is a better headphone, IMHO. More bass, and a more dynamic sound. The 599 would be more balanced, but not as impactful and dynamic. The X2 is absolutely one of my fave headphones. I liked the 598, but wasn't THRILLED with them. I think Sennheisers start getting truly good once you get to the 6XX and up. PX100-II aside. I loved those too, just not the comfort. I'd like to try the 58X and HD600 though.

Oh great. Well, I do like the design of the X2HR a whole lot better than the hd 599. And if they're better for gaming and sound better overall, I guess it's decided then.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #44,282 of 48,560
Better for gaming is questionable. Better for casual gaming, certainly. Better for purely competitive gaming, no. Would I still take the X2 over the 599 even knowing that? Absolutely.

Apr 8, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #44,284 of 48,560
Disregard the reviews by Tom's Hardware and The Verge. They apparently think its ok to review something before the software that sets it apart from other headphones is even ready. I would love to see a software solution or sxfi like amp dongle that we could use with any headphone of are choosing.

Also if the JBL intrigues you take a look at these Drown Audio.

Apr 8, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #44,285 of 48,560
Disregard the reviews by Tom's Hardware and The Verge. They apparently think its ok to review something before the software that sets it apart from other headphones is even ready. I would love to see a software solution or sxfi like amp dongle that we could use with any headphone of are choosing.

Also if the JBL intrigues you take a look at these Drown Audio.
Don't be so hard on them. There are times when companies send you products that they want impressions of ahead of time, even if not all features are available. So we have to work with what we have. I say this as someone who has been on this side of things.

It's like video games. People review games prior to them getting day 1 patches, and the like. So a lot of nitpicks and issues may not exist once the public even gets their hands on them.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

It's like FFVII Remake reviews. They're talking about some glitches where textures aren't loading properly, making parts of the game look muddy and ugly and unfinished. I'm here HOPING that this is something that will be addressed on launch day with a patch, but you never know.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #44,286 of 48,560
Don't be so hard on them. There are times when companies send you products that they want impressions of ahead of time, even if not all features are available. So we have to work with what we have. I say this as someone who has been on this side of things.

It's like video games. People review games prior to them getting day 1 patches, and the like. So a lot of nitpicks and issues may not exist once the public even gets their hands on them.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

It's like FFVII Remake reviews. They're talking about some glitches where textures aren't loading properly, making parts of the game look muddy and ugly and unfinished. I'm here HOPING that this is something that will be addressed on launch day with a patch, but you never know.
Did you read them? They commented specially on the pointional accuracy only tom hardware I think even mentioned there software was not ready. The read like reviews not impressions. Why comment on a feature you were told was not ready what good is that going to do there readers except sway them away. Also they could have just not agreed to do the review before things were ready.

Apr 9, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #44,288 of 48,560
Guys, what's the best mixamp kind of thing currently for less than 100$? Is it still the mixamp itself?
Would this be for a gaming console or computer or other?

Apr 9, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #44,290 of 48,560
Mixing multiple audio tracks, I believe is more the job of an Audio Interface or DJ mixing unit?

Apr 9, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #44,293 of 48,560

Users who are viewing this thread

Back