Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 7, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #43,936 of 48,562
Little question about the SXFI amp.

I have an iPhone.
I tried to connect directly with a USB-C to Lightning cable but that doesn't work.
I see it should work with Lightning to USB Camera Adapter from Apple which I'll have by tonight.
I also see I will be able to make a profile from my ears and head in the App so that's no problem either.

But:
- Will I be able to upload the profile to the amp from the iPhone with the camera adapter?
- Will I be able to do a firmware update?

Nevermind, found the answer.
Had to go buy a camera adapter to be able to connect it to iPhone and then go borrow an android tablet to upload the personalization to the device nad update the firmware. Pretty lame.

I hope the headphone isn't saved in that file as well, else I'd have to go borrow an Android device each time I want to switch headphones.

Feb 7, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #43,937 of 48,562
Nevermind, found the answer.
Had to go buy a camera adapter to be able to connect it to iPhone and then go borrow an android tablet to upload the personalization to the device nad update the firmware. Pretty lame.

I hope the headphone isn't saved in that file as well, else I'd have to go borrow an Android device each time I want to switch headphones.

I apologize if you answered this as I didn’t go back through the thread, but do you have a PC? You can upload personalization files from PC to the amp if you do.

Feb 7, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #43,938 of 48,562
I apologize if you answered this as I didn’t go back through the thread, but do you have a PC? You can upload personalization files from PC to the amp if you do.

You can? Oh, that's totally not clear from their support FAQs.
Anyway, great, thanks!
I do wonder though if you have toi re-upload files when you choose new headphones. That's another ting that wasn't clear.

I have a PC but I'll only have time to test the amp from Sunday on, just wanted to update the firmware and load the personalisation.
Can you also update the firmware from a PC?

Feb 7, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #43,939 of 48,562
You can? Oh, that's totally not clear from their support FAQs.
Anyway, great, thanks!
I do wonder though if you have toi re-upload files when you choose new headphones. That's another ting that wasn't clear.

I have a PC but I'll only have time to test the amp from Sunday on, just wanted to update the firmware and load the personalisation.
Can you also update the firmware from a PC?

You can upgrade the firmware from PC too. There are two optionsfor installing the Sxfi PC client. From Creative’s website directly or from the Windows 10 store. I’ve found the software from Creative directly to be less buggy than the Windows 10 app from the W10 Store. Once you connect the Amp to your PC you’ll be able to open the software and download any personalization that you’ve created as well as check for firmware updates for the Amp itself (and install them if you aren’t up to date).

You also shouldn’t have to reupload anything when choosing new headphones. It should EQ your head map to any headphone you choose without you needing to reupload anything.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #43,940 of 48,562
You can upgrade the firmware from PC too. There are two optionsfor installing the Sxfi PC client. From Creative’s website directly or from the Windows 10 store. I’ve found the software from Creative directly to be less buggy than the Windows 10 app from the W10 Store. Once you connect the Amp to your PC you’ll be able to open the software and download any personalization that you’ve created as well as check for firmware updates for the Amp itself (and install them if you aren’t up to date).

You also shouldn’t have to reupload anything when choosing new headphones. It should EQ your head map to any headphone you choose without you needing to reupload anything.

Thanks a lot for the info and tips, none of that is in the manual or FAQ.
I didn’t try on the PC because I was waiting until Sunday when I have a few days time to test a bunch of new things out: SXFI Amp, G6, Boom 3D, Waves NX, OOYH and compare with the GSX 1000 I was already using as well as Atmos for Headphones and DTSX. I’ll throw my receiver via HDMI in the mix as well for the software solutions, it works fine with Atmos for headphones.

Feb 7, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #43,941 of 48,562
Shame creative stuff doesn’t work well with Apple. The sxfi amp needs an android device and the G6 a windows machine as the creative suite is not available on Mac OS last time I checked.

Feb 7, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #43,942 of 48,562
I see both apps for the SXFI that are available for Windows are available in the Mac App store as well.
Not sure if you can update firmware and upload personalisation with them like you can with Windows.
Don't go by the info in the App store though, it says the same as on the Windows store and is outdated.

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #43,944 of 48,562
The Edition XX would definitely suit you if you can get one. The Ananda is slightly less fun, slight more refined. Both are better than the Mobius, though the Mobius is great in its price range.

But yeah, I think the Edition XX is the one.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #43,945 of 48,562
the HiFiMAN Edition X is the best for trance, house, psy trance and etc?? and also in gaming the HiFiMAN Edition X are very good?

i am, concerning for the EDM part and for the gaming part
because i am hearing a lot trance, house ,,jungle,, and mosty i am hearing psy trance and techno elements/../ and progresive elements ..

for this i am asking if the HiFiMAN Edition worth for EDM and gaming Part.

is it worth to buy the HiFiMAN Edition for EDM and gaming Part. ??

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #43,946 of 48,562
You sound like someone else. I gave you my answer. JUST GET IT IF YOU CAN. This is why I avoid answering questions like this normally. Because keep KEEP ASKING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER, and don't read the reviews.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #43,948 of 48,562
The 3.5mm line out socket in my steelseries dac is very small and i have to force non-steelseries headphones in and keep wiggling the plug until it catches full signal. Is there some kind of an adapter or extender i can buy to standardize the process. It's 3.5mm male to 3.5mm female.

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #43,950 of 48,562
Is there any good setup headphone that included a mic? Because I don't want to buy a separate mic at all and most audiophile headphone doesn't have mic
There's a couple on the review page... like these...

Beyerdynamic MMX300
Sennheiser Game One
Audeze LCD-GX

Don't ask which is better. Please read the reviews and get the one you think sounds best for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back