Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 10, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #43,231 of 48,561
Nope, always connected to the extension.
Wonder if connecting the headphones directly to the SB-Zx card, without using the ACM, improves audio quality?

Nov 10, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #43,232 of 48,561
I am looking for an upgrade from Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless

Must be WIRELESS and HAVE A MIC (for dragon dictate) and twitch streaming: and therefore USB too.

THINKING -

SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

OR

Sennheiser GSP 670

HyperX Cloud Orbit S

$$ not an issue just want the best for sound

GAMING only - NO music or movies

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #43,233 of 48,561
Guys, taking decision to one short question:

If I have k612 pro and would like to have more immersive and fun headphones with similar soundstage, should I take k712 pro, Fidelio X2 or make bass mod on k612 pro and stay with them, because for gaming benefits from the two above mentioned will not be as big as the price difference?

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #43,234 of 48,561
Nov 11, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #43,235 of 48,561
Anyone with plenty of PC experience? I can get the Schiit HEL to be picked up as both an audio device and microphone/chat device. The Schiit Fulla I can't get to be picked up as a mic device, only as an audio device. Also, when I plug in a mic on the fulla, it mutes general audio. So yeah, not exactly sure what's going on here. Considering I'm not well versed on the microphone chat side of PC audio, I'm not the best at figuring this one out.

Also found that the PS4 Pro doesn't pick up the HEL as an audio device at all, but will pick up the Fulla. Again, it still mutes everything if a mic gets plugged in to the Fulla.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #43,236 of 48,561
Anyone with plenty of PC experience? I can get the Schiit HEL to be picked up as both an audio device and microphone/chat device. The Schiit Fulla I can't get to be picked up as a mic device, only as an audio device. Also, when I plug in a mic on the fulla, it mutes general audio. So yeah, not exactly sure what's going on here. Considering I'm not well versed on the microphone chat side of PC audio, I'm not the best at figuring this one out.

Also found that the PS4 Pro doesn't pick up the HEL as an audio device at all, but will pick up the Fulla. Again, it still mutes everything if a mic gets plugged in to the Fulla.

I don't have any experience with any Schiit equipment but I have a few suggestions that maybe you overlooked.

You mention the Fulla works with your PS4, but do you have any other PC or laptop device you can plug the Fulla into? For the sake of verifying duplication of the issue outside of your primary PC.

Beyond that..

Have you tried swapping the usb cable?
Have you tried other USB ports?
Are you running it off a USB hub?
Are you running it off USB power or bypassing it with a direct power source in addition to having it connected USB?
If you are running it off USB power, are you trying to charge a device through the Fulla?

Have you verified you are displaying hidden devices in your windows input devices?

As far as the PS4 issue, I ran into that a while back with the Arctis Pro DAC I believe. I know I resolved it through some obscure setting in the menu. I'll see if I can find what I did and relay it back to you.

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #43,237 of 48,561
I don't have any experience with any Schiit equipment but I have a few suggestions that maybe you overlooked.

You mention the Fulla works with your PS4, but do you have any other PC or laptop device you can plug the Fulla into? For the sake of verifying duplication of the issue outside of your primary PC.

Beyond that..

Are you running it off USB power or bypassing it with a direct power source in addition to having it connected USB?
If you are running it off USB power, are you trying to charge a device through the Fulla?

Have you verified you are displaying hidden devices in your windows input devices?

As far as the PS4 issue, I ran into that a while back with the Arctis Pro DAC I believe. I know I resolved it through some obscure setting in the menu. I'll see if I can find what I did and relay it back to you.

EDIT - Check your PC power management settings. If it's set to Power Save or Balance, try changing it to High Performance and restart. Power Save and Balanced can present USB power management issues at random times, which can actually be compounded if you use the hibernate/sleep windows feature.

EDIT2 - I've been assuming you run windows OS, forgive me if I assumed wrong. Have you tried manually installing/updating the driver via the drivers page on Schiit.com? There are rare occurrences where users encounter driver install issues and have to manually do it themselves.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #43,238 of 48,561
I've tried all that normal stuff, it should all be as expected. Tested two different PCs in different scenarios and configs. Fulla's mic input doesn't show up. Even tried installing the manual drivers.

Nov 11, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #43,239 of 48,561
Disregard, I'm an idiot. The box clearly says Fulla 2. They sent me the wrong model, which doesn't even have mic input. Lol. Gaaaah. He's aware. Lol.

Nov 11, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #43,242 of 48,561
Have not heard of the HyperX.

Any reason to look at them?

Hyperx headsets are a pretty good staple in "gaming headsets" and the "hyperx cloud orbits" are base on Audeze mobius(posted a link below) which are suppose to be a good audio brand. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in because I'm also looking to upgrade for gaming purposes only.

Im currently trying out the "hyperx cloud mix" and "steel series pro", both wired(i preferred wired) plugged into sound blasterx G5. I really cant tell a difference for sound whoring footsteps. I only been testing for like one day though.

Audeze mobius:
https://www.audeze.com/products/mobius

Audeze mobius on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Audeze-Surround-Tracking-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B07B8Z8S85

Hyperx cloud orbits:
https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Orbit-Headphones-Detachable/dp/B07WD66FL5

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #43,243 of 48,561

The second issue sounds as if mic and phone jacks were reversed. Try plugging them the other way around.

Did you connect external power to Hel? Unlike Fulla it won't work off of usb data port, it needs to be plugged in to a separate power supply (phone charger will do).

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #43,244 of 48,561

Beyond that..

The Fulla 3 doesn't work on my Ps4 at all

Nov 12, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #43,245 of 48,561
The second issue sounds as if mic and phone jacks were reversed. Try plugging them the other way around.

Did you connect external power to Hel? Unlike Fulla it won't work off of usb data port, it needs to be plugged in to a separate power supply (phone charger will do).
Nah, it was that it was a Fulla 2. Doesn't have a mic jack. Where the mic jack is on the 3, it's an analog in on the 2. So if you put any cable into the analog input, it mutes all other sources.

I mean, it would've been easy for anyone else to notice, but I've not had a great weekend, being uber sick and all. My mind is far from capable of common sense atm.

As for the HEL, yeah, I'm using an external power brick as well. I'll have to recheck that it's all proper later. Right now, I'm laying down and can't be arsed...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back