Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 1, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #42,482 of 48,561
I only reply based on stuff I have actual experience with. If I don't, it is because I haven't heard/tested the headphone in question. Believe it or not, I don't make money off this, and the only times I get to listen to something new is out of my pocket or when a company sends me something for review which is rare. I make barely above minimum wage irl, don't have my own place anymore, so you can understand why I can't just try every headphone out there. Life ain't been that kind to me.

On a positive note, be on the lookout for the Creative Air review which is coming up hopefully within the week. Hopefully depending on how I feel after the surgery Tuesday, then I'm off work for two weeks, giving me time to finish up the review and whatnot.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #42,485 of 48,561
Sennheiser GSP 670 Headset releasing soon with built in GSX Engine and Blue Tooth

• low latency wireless 16 hours
  • standard wireless 20 hours
  • 7 min charging time means 2h gaming

63e2afa0c34d746cb1e5fnoj4d.png

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #42,488 of 48,561
Sennheiser GSP 670 Headset releasing soon with built in GSX Engine and Blue Tooth

• low latency wireless 16 hours
  • standard wireless 20 hours
  • 7 min charging time means 2h gaming

63e2afa0c34d746cb1e5fnoj4d.png

Interesting. They say PS4 compatible but wouldn't that just be bluetooth stereo? (Since GSX does not do DD+ decoding.)

edit: x-post with WhiteHartMart

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #42,491 of 48,561
There won't be any solution for PS4 surround sound over USB in this lifetime.

PS5 should be much more supportive but most likely will use the Sony inhouse solution as the default model.

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #42,492 of 48,561
Confirmation for some of the posts above, from Sennheiser's page:
What gaming platforms is the GSP 670 compatible with?
  • The GSP 670 is compatible with PlayStation® 4 and PC, using the GSA 70 Dongle for a lag free gaming experience. It can also be connected to other Bluetooth® supporting devices, like phones.
Does the GSP 670 come with surround sound?
  • The GSP 670 can provide 7.1 surround sound using the Sennheiser Binaural Rendering Engine in the Sennheiser Gaming Suite.
I've pinged @Evshrug and @Sennheiser for some more details, if they happen to have any available. This has my interest now.

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #42,493 of 48,561
I asked Sennheiser earlier and they confirmed 2 channel only on PS4 and also confirmed there were two volume controls so voice and game volume could be adjusted independently. Be interested if that is the case for sure on PS4.

Jun 5, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #42,495 of 48,561
Any suggestions where to go from here?

Currently have AD700x + Astro Mixamp 2013. I really like the ability to game and hear my pc at the same time, I have a Blue Yeti mic separate as a mic solution on PS4(I had a bad experience with modmic).

I game on PS4 and have the mixamp plugged to a desktop with the optical going into the mixamp from the PS4. I originally did this setup for competitive fps games like R6. Nowadays I have gone a bit more casual and more into cinematic/story-driven games and more into critical listening of music on my desktop.

I want to upgrade because I feel like mainly I'd want something not bass light(which was great for fps, but a negative for music), something great across the board. They have to be open-back and I'm hoping whatever I end up with is able to be driven by my current mixamp. Something of a significant bump is what I'm looking for without having to break the bank, right now I'm looking at ~$300 CAD as a budget. I don't know enough about DACs and mixamps and ultimately don't know whether an upgrade is recommended in order to drive higher end stuff, I'd be open to it and might be willing to raise the budget by saving more.

A thread like this was a nice read but because the many options and not exactly understanding what matters, I'm ultimately lost and indecisive to just pick something on my own. Would appreciate some help.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back