Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
May 20, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #42,467 of 48,561
There aren't issues with the LCD-GX and the G6.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #42,468 of 48,561
Ananda, Edition XX vs. the Audeze GX? My bets are on the GX. However I really couldn't test them in their "designated" environment at all. Just waiting for Mad King LE's review then.

May 21, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #42,469 of 48,561
You'd be surprised... it's not that simple.

I'll hold off as I plan on posting the review when the GX launches.

May 21, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #42,471 of 48,561
Just because. Embargo was for when I had it for a few weeks before the official reveal.

GX doesn't release yet, and I feel talking about my impressions ahead of my review kinda undermines the review, you know?

Besides posting a review weeks ahead of release will make people less interested in either by the time the product releases. Posting the review at around the same time as Audeze releases the GX will give people something to look forward to and maybe give them enough info to educate on whether or not something is right for them.

I'll simply say I prefer the Ananda for some obvious things, and the GX for others. You simply can't have it all, and I feel both headphones lean in different directions as opposed to the same direction, so there's bound to be some stark differences and preferences.

As far the XX goes, just consider it a slightly lower tier Ananda. Hence why I prefer to compare the GX to Ananda instead as I feel it's more fitting. Nothing negative about the XX, just the Ananda is a more perfected version of that sound (more neutral and detailed). The XX is stellar for the price, and I'd personally would get the XX over the Ananda to save some money.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #42,472 of 48,561
When speaking to Wired, Cerny conceded that there was a "frustration that audio did not change too much between PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4".

"With the next console the dream is to show how dramatically different the audio experience can be when we apply significant amounts of hardware horsepower to it.

May 27, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #42,473 of 48,561
When speaking to Wired, Cerny conceded that there was a "frustration that audio did not change too much between PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4".

"With the next console the dream is to show how dramatically different the audio experience can be when we apply significant amounts of hardware horsepower to it.
He's right though. It's 2019 and we use literally the same technology we used last gen for positional audio.

May 27, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #42,474 of 48,561
That sounds promising. I'd love to finally be about to ditch hardware that embeds virtual surround, and just have raw audiophile hardware connected to the system, with the system providing the virtual surround. XB1 has done it for so long now. Sony is slacking.

May 27, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #42,475 of 48,561
I am curious to if you have tested the G6 + AKG 712 Pros together and what they are like?. I have seen reported that say the G6 can't power them properly while others suggesting the G6 is more than fine. I was also looking as the X2HRs. Which would you persoanlly pick between the two + a good dac/amp setup?.

They both would have a mic mod attached anyway.. :)

X2HRs (£260)
AK12 Pros (£200)
G6 (£110)

May 27, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #42,476 of 48,561
I am curious to if you have tested the G6 + AKG 712 Pros together and what they are like?. I have seen reported that say the G6 can't power them properly while others suggesting the G6 is more than fine. I was also looking as the X2HRs. Which would you persoanlly pick between the two + a good dac/amp setup?.

They both would have a mic mod attached anyway.. :)

X2HRs (£260)
AK12 Pros (£200)
G6 (£110)

G6 can get my 7XX to ear-bleeding volumes so I doubt you will have any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back