Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 24, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #42,574 of 48,561
Jun 25, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #42,575 of 48,561
Went back to testing the USB from the Benchmark directly to USB into the PC... no soundcard connects at all.
Sounded pretty damn good...Detail was popping out. even in game music. (BFV)
i might stick with the USB for now.

Headphones.... Beyer T90 or DT 1990s. which would be better for FPS gaming ? similiar?
or too similar to the DT990s to warrant an upgrade?
thanks again

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #42,576 of 48,561
Went back to testing the USB from the Benchmark directly to USB into the PC... no soundcard connects at all.
Sounded pretty damn good...Detail was popping out. even in game music. (BFV)
i might stick with the USB for now.
Headphones.... Beyer T90 or DT 1990s. which would be better for FPS gaming ? similar?
or too similar to the DT990s to warrant an upgrade? thanks again

My two cents, go for the DT1990, it's a newer design, then the T90.

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #42,577 of 48,561
thanks and appreciated.
newer doesnt always mean better, but yes, ive heard great things about the DT 1990s.
definately will consider.
ive noticed when they come up for sale here, they dont last very long ..

Jun 26, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #42,579 of 48,561
Hi to all, after reading the review here on the Creative SXFI Air i felt really disappointed about the lack of compatibility with the PS4. I was intrigued by the technology and i was considering buying the Air C ones to use them mainly on PS4 but also on Switch. Can anyone tell me if there's any point in buying them for the PS4? Do you just completely lose the SXFI experience if you're not on PC?

There's only a few reviews around and no one mentions this; there's also no videos on youtube or anything and the headphones have been available to buy on Creative's website for a while now.

Jun 26, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #42,580 of 48,561
Hi to all, after reading the review here on the Creative SXFI Air i felt really disappointed about the lack of compatibility with the PS4. I was intrigued by the technology and i was considering buying the Air C ones to use them mainly on PS4 but also on Switch. Can anyone tell me if there's any point in buying them for the PS4? Do you just completely lose the SXFI experience if you're not on PC?

There's only a few reviews around and no one mentions this; there's also no videos on youtube or anything and the headphones have been available to buy on Creative's website for a while now.
I found this on their website:
This advanced feature lets you enjoy the full glory of up to 7.1 Cinematic games and movies in Super X-Fi on your PC and Mac!

More than that, the same USB functionality is available on the PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

That last line would make me think that you would still get the features. They probably work kind of like A50s since everything is built in. Have you tried contacting Creative for a more definitive answer?

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #42,582 of 48,561
I found this on their website:
This advanced feature lets you enjoy the full glory of up to 7.1 Cinematic games and movies in Super X-Fi on your PC and Mac!

More than that, the same USB functionality is available on the PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

That last line would make me think that you would still get the features. They probably work kind of like A50s since everything is built in. Have you tried contacting Creative for a more definitive answer?

SXFI does work with PS4 and Switch but even Creative specifies that it only gives you stereo sound and not 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound like on PC. So, i have no idea what to expect having never tried SXFI headphones or the amp and without surround it might be kind of pointless.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #42,583 of 48,561
SXFI does work with PS4 and Switch but even Creative specifies that it only gives you stereo sound and not 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound like on PC. So, i have no idea what to expect having never tried SXFI headphones or the amp and without surround it might be kind of pointless.
I've been looking for an answer now too. I've never seen these headphones until today, they look interesting.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #42,584 of 48,561

Users who are viewing this thread

Back