Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 27, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #41,282 of 48,561
is the Sennheiser RS195 paired with a Sound Blaster X7 a good combo setup. using the X7 for virtual surround sound.
Why spend the cash for a wireless setup, when you can plug headphones directly into the X7?

Sep 28, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #41,284 of 48,561
Thought I'd give the Steelseries GameDac a 2nd chance so tried one again - 2 days later its boxed up and the return process started!

Just hated the DTX Surround on it - didn't sound natural at all, like the wrong elements of the sound effects were being enhanced (hard to explain). I do like the little GameDac unit so convenience (particularly on PS4) but then when trying for game sound only on the Xbox, it didn't offer sound that was better than my Game Ones plugged into the Xbox controller - in fact, if anything, the pad was able to get more volume from the Sennheisers than the GameDac got from the packaged headphones. Sennheisers sounded far more spacious and open too.

Those SuperX-Fi headphones have me interested for PS4 use now although I'm still keeping an eye on the G6 to see if Creative sort the settings saving first :)

Sep 28, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #41,285 of 48,561
Ok,

yesterday I had a bit of time and thus I figured out how to save my settings until Creative updates the G6 properly.
Reset the G6. Configure everything as you wish. Shutdown. Power up the PC again.

Now in my case: power up the PC again, wait until the app is loaded. See the lit speaker icon in digust. Switch to headphone setting. Plug in the Grado Adapter.
This way the G6 is always on headphone mode, also when connected to the PS4 and the PC is off (6G is connected to a Schiit Wyrd so I have independant power).

Sometimes it turns off the optical signal again and only outputs to the headphone out. Then I have to repeat the latter steps again: Unplug, switch to headphone mode, replug.

Sep 28, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #41,287 of 48,561
because my Father needs the advanced hearing features of the RS195. he uses ReSound hearing aides when working. going to put the RS195 on the flattest sound frequency so that the X7 can do its job.
I too wear resound aids, specifically the linx2 9's. Very good aids with a ton of features to adjust your mids, lows and highs. I prefer to go with the higher rated RIE as well to really bring out the power of these babys

Sep 29, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #41,289 of 48,561
because my Father needs the advanced hearing features of the RS195. he uses ReSound hearing aides when working. going to put the RS195 on the flattest sound frequency so that the X7 can do its job.
If you're only going to use the X7 for its optical output then buy the much cheaper G6 instead.

Sep 29, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #41,290 of 48,561
Has anyone figured out the proper procedure to use the G6 with a PS4 and Xbox One and have the correct settings stick, etc? I want to make sure that I’m getting the correct surround working with my consoles and I know you guys were talking at one point about some bugs that would cause settings to get reset when using with a console.

Sep 30, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #41,291 of 48,561
Anyone here compared the Audeze Mobius to the Astro A50 wireless for gaming/movies?

There is NO comparison! The Mobius are leagues above them to my ears...not even neighbourhood, let alone ballpark.

Oct 1, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #41,292 of 48,561
Has anyone tested the new G6 updates on the Creative website that released a few days ago?

I haven't had time to use it this week, but I'll test it today and tomorrow. Hopefully the problems we have discussed have been fixed. edit: Reading the patch notes, looks like it's just to fix the 32bit popping/glitch noises.

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1118&catName=Amplifiers&subCatID=1122&prodID=23239&prodName=Sound BlasterX G6

There is NO comparison! The Mobius are leagues above them to my ears...not even neighbourhood, let alone ballpark.

I agree with this. I dunno how much the A50 has changed since I reviewed them a few years ago, but the Mobius is fantastic, and much more favorable to me.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #41,293 of 48,561
No changes, but it's only a newer driver.
The G6 just needs to save the headphone setting at all costs, even when no headphone is connected to the headphone port, simply because it allows headphone virtualization out of the LO/optical. Only logical to have this feature.

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #41,294 of 48,561
Alright, I just pulled the trigger on the HD 58X and I've went down a rabbit hole on amps. I was all set on the Magni to go with my Mixamp 5.8 but the FiiO A3 has come to my attention and the cable set up for this looks a lot cleaner to me.
Are there any serious negatives to the Mixamp - FiiO A3 setup?

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #41,295 of 48,561
Alright, I just pulled the trigger on the HD 58X and I've went down a rabbit hole on amps. I was all set on the Magni to go with my Mixamp 5.8 but the FiiO A3 has come to my attention and the cable set up for this looks a lot cleaner to me.
Are there any serious negatives to the Mixamp - FiiO A3 setup?
The only negative is that the background hiss will be ampified but other than that you should be good with the a3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back