1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (12/10/2019: Schiit Gaming Dac/Amps 'Hel' and 'Fulla 3' added)

Discussion in 'Video Games Discussion' started by mad lust envy, Jan 17, 2011.
  1. twocentsear
    How does the Beyer T1 2nd gen compare to the K702 in terms of competitive gaming?

2. BunnyNamedCraig
    For the life of me I want this to work with consoles :frowning2:. I know its not intended at all for that, just would be super awesome if it could. I have heard gushing reviews from everyone who has spent time with it.

I got a little taste of it on PC and I was impressed. Just want to use it for PUBG and xbox one ha

3. AxelCloris Administrator
    Today's consoles are just a locked down PCs, so a PC could also be a console! Welcome to the wonderful world of PC gaming, MTMECraig!

4. pietcux
    But there are sevreal console only title like the Last of Us...Red Dead Redemption and more...

5. AxelCloris Administrator
    There will always be exclusives in this industry.

6. twocentsear
    Doesn't change the fact that you can't use the current iteration of the GSX 1000 for consoles. I mean, Dad of Boi-I mean, God of War is pretty awesome.

7. AxelCloris Administrator
    I'm with you. I'd love, love, love a GSX device to replace the X7 in my PS4 setup. @Sennheiser, let's see if we can make this happen!

I have yet to crack open my copy of God of War. I've been too busy hunting monsters when my PS4 is on.

WhiteHartMart and lenroot77 like this.
  8. mindbomb
    It might be that my head looks a lot like a kemar, but I find that I can get good results with pretty much all the different virtual surround sound tech out there. I like the spaciousness of dolby headphone dh1, the sennheiser gsx with one + for reverb, and windows sonic for headphone. But I also got good directional cues with dolby atmos for headphone and its extremely low reverb - it just felt unusually small compared to those other ones.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  9. DasGouche
    I wanted to do a mini poll of what headphones you used during different types of gaming sessions. I apologize if this has been asked ad nauseam, but with almost 2700 pages of replies, I was not able to see a similar poll. Anyway, here are the gaming sessions: Please note if you are using a stereo setting or a VSS setup (optional)

1. Competitive: This is a gaming session where you don't care how the overall experience is, but you want as much audio advantage as you can get.
    2. Experience: You want to immerse yourself in the game and don't want to miss any of the detail (even if it means you can only game for 1-2 hours due to fatigue)
    3. Marathon: You know you will be gaming for many hours and need some headphones that will be as comfortable and enjoyable in hour 1 as in hour X
    4. VR/Mobile: You might not be able to use your favorite open back, but you still want to get the best sound you can.

Thanks in advance for your contribution. I myself have not finished trying out headphones to give an adequate reply to these questions, but I look forward to seeing all of your replies.

P.S. Feel free to amend as you see fit.

10. mbyrnes
    My Hifiman HE-X V2s check every box for me. I can use them for everything. I'll keep these forever, as I truly love their sound, comfort, and light weight for a planar. They have enough bass that I don't miss the headphones below much. But sometimes.....

Immersion- Fostex TH-X00 Ebony and Monoprice M1060 for gobs of bass, or a smaller soundstage compared to the HE-X. These work well in a game like Wolfenstein 2, with its small and closed spaces.

Portable- Sennheiser PC-37X. Their efficiency is amazing, and the only headphones I have that get loud enough without an amp (I listen much louder than most). Use this with the Switch. My LG V30 is powerful enough to drive other cans I have. Also the volume dial on the side is great for quick changes.

11. Tohex
    I have tried DH through a Asus Sonar STX and 2 different generations of Mixamps. I have had an X-Fi CMSS3D card as well and overall the GSX is 100% my preference. To be fair I never had them all at once and so I wasn't able to run them side by side but the ease of the package, as well as the quality of the positional queues, makes the GSX a true pleasure. I hope they bring out a 2nd generation with a line-out & optical-out with the DSP passthrough as that would solve the problems and not introduce/rework their currently brilliant approach through a software attempt.

12. Acosta1906
    Hey guys,
    I have a m50x that I use for gaming and I'm not satisfied, I decided to do a upgrade but there are some many headphones and differents reviews that at this point I'm a little confuse and if someone could help me I will be really grateful.
    I want 2 headphones, one close and one open. In the close one I need a headphone good for competitive games, fun for other kind of games that I don't need to listen footsteps, music and movies. I'm between :
    Beyerdynamic custom one pro
    Audio Technica ath msr7
    For the open one I want that will be really good at competitive games and I'm between :
    Audio Technica ad900x
    Akg k712.
    Thanks for the help

13. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Why two different headphones (open & closed)?
    Are the headphones going to be plugged into a PC computer's on-board audio?

14. Acosta1906
    I need 2 headphones because I prefer open ones for competitive game but I have people living close to me, so I can't do noise at night that's when I like to playing or seeing movies and the opens let the sound leave.
    It's for playing in ps4, I have a magni 3 connect to a mixamp pro.
    Sorry for my English, it's not my first language.

15. mikerrr
    this is my custom 5.1 speaker

Denon AVR-X3400H
    https://www.sevenoakssoundandvision...XifDgk_AEPciaFX6ELu9WvoqEqEApflYaApWfEALw_wcB

SUBWOOFER:
    SVS PB-2000
    https://www.svsound.com/products/pb-2000

dali Zensor 3 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dali-5703120106687-Zensor-3-Black/dp/B00E0I7B14

SURROUND: Dali Zensor 1
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dali-Zensor-Speakers-Pair-Black/dp/B0057X5KF0

: Dali Zensor Vokal
    https://www.whathifi.com/dali/263123/overview

my first question is how you find my 5,1 system>?? is it good??

this 5.1 was recomended from one my friend??

the second question is
    i want to buy one new souncard

i am between these 4

Asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1 or AE5 soundblaster

which is the best and what is the difference between them??

i want one from these cards for games music and movies

so can yoy aswere me please in all these things i have write in my post?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018