Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 18, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #46 of 48,562
Quote:
Mad Lust Envy said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Damn, I really wanna try them. :p The bass sounds like what I get from the D7000. It sounds separated from the mids and highs... it's a weird sensation, that I've only heard with the DT990 and D7000. Big bass, no bloat, and no smearing.

How's the comfort vs DT880?

The clamp is slightly tighter but has never bothered me. Some people complain about the little pad in the middle of the headband that rests on top of your head creating a little pressure point, but I have found as long as you adjust the headband length accordingly it's a none issue. I don't even notice it's there anymore, and it helps prevent them from sliding forward or backward. They're actually surprisingly light and have a very durable feel to them. I'm just afraid to get fingerprints/scratches on the (very sexy) titanium nameplate.
tongue_smile.gif

They are rather unforgiving on the high end music-wise, but in regards to gaming everything is ultra-crisp and will probably have some of that DT 990 sparkle you like.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #47 of 48,562
I dunno, people complain a lot about their comfort. I'm REALLY anal about that sort of the thing. Hell, even the D7000 isn't perfect in comfort for me. It's a bit too loose for my taste.

Companies need to mimic what the Sony F1 and Steelseries Siberia did when it comes to headband adjustment. The K70x is somewhat like that, but not as 'free' as the ones I mentioned.

As for your Pro 900 a 9/10 in competitive. I probably wouldn't agree. The fact that their bass is monstrous will still make you lose focus on the subtle details. I'd say I'd probably believe that they'd be a 7/10 or 8/10 in competitiveness. The 990's bass is super quick, which is why I even gave it an 8. I believe a bass neutral to bass light headphone deserves the 9/10 and 10/10 in competitive gaming. Pure for practical purpose.

Though I'm just assuming so...

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #48 of 48,562
My 9/10 competitive is based on the fact that it is superior to my DT 880, but not as good as the AD700 in competitive play. I also have not heard the K70x so my 10/10 competitive experience is limited to the AD700. In any case, I'm sure there are a lot of other factors such as play style that can factor into competitive taste as well.

Chances are your assumptions are right for your tastes. We've never agreed on everything anyways.
tongue_smile.gif

Should you ever get a chance to try them though I believe the PRO 900's are a hidden gem that is often overlooked for gaming due to them being closed and the misunderstanding of the S-Logic, and deserves to be on this list for outstanding gaming headphones.

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #49 of 48,562
I can only compare the Pro900 to D7000s and HD600s for gaming. I find the Pro900 to be superior.

It is so easy to follow people through walls by the sound of their footsteps using the Pro900.

Have been accused of haxoring in L4D2 many times due to being able to locate special infected with precision as soon as they spawn. :D

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #50 of 48,562
I am now using the hd600, and a bit of treble would improve it. I mean it works, but I remember the treble from dt990 is really lacking in this one.

Do you guys know how does the pc360 do treble-wise?

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #52 of 48,562
Actually, I believe its a 595 with a mic, tweaked for gaming. I heard people online say the PC360 is slightly better than the stock 595 for gaming.

We'll see.

In any case, I got it for $189. :wink:

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #54 of 48,562
I think we all know that by now. :wink:

What I'm saying is that the PC360 probably doesn't have that piece of foam, making it more of a 595 with a mic +tweaks...

One of my AVS friends has heard the 555 and owns the PC360, and pretty much stated that the PC360 blows the 555 away.

Jan 18, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #55 of 48,562
Well I follow a thread on gaming headsets/headphones in another forum where they say the pc360 is the hd555 with mic.
I have also seen a few reports where they say the hd555 is better than pc360.

Anyway I am looking for a pc360. if I find one at a good price I will pick it up as my hd600 is underpowered by wireless mixamp and drains the battery quickly. I do want to play wirelessly, so I am looking at the pc360

Quote:
I think we all know that by now. :wink:

What I'm saying is that the PC360 probably doesn't have that piece of foam, making it more of a 595 with a mic +tweaks...

One of my AVS friends has heard the 555 and owns the PC360, and pretty much stated that the PC360 blows the 555 away.

Jan 18, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #56 of 48,562
That would make absolutely no sense for them to have inferior drivers than the HD555. In any case, I trust my AVS friends who are as passionate about this as I am. I trust them implicitly when it comes to this sort of thing. If they say it's a definite improvement over the 555, I believe them 100%.

Jan 18, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #57 of 48,562
Nobody said inferior drivers than hd555. If you check the specs on both, the hd555 and pc360 specs are the same.
I just know people who say hd555 is better than pc360. that is all

Quote:
That would make absolutely no sense for them to have inferior drivers than the HD555. In any case, I trust my AVS friends who are as passionate about this as I am. I trust them implicitly when it comes to this sort of thing. If they say it's a definite improvement over the 555, I believe them 100%.

Jan 18, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #59 of 48,562
Great thread Mad Lust Envy, another vote for sticky. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the HD650 as I think its better than it perceived gaming performance impression. I have been using the HD650 for FPS gaming for 6months and thought the positioning was better than my previous ultrasonne 780s which I think was in part due to when using the PC Xonar implementation of DH you have 3 modes 2 of which introduce reverb causing the sound to become too artificial on the closed 780s (tinny \ metallic). The open back helped alleviate this.

I have jusr bought some D2000 and from inital impressions think could be a winner with DH as they sound suprising airy.

Congrats on the D7000 I hope to upgrade to the 5000s or maybe MarkL mod my 2000s some time down the line.

If you get some please review on the Denon V3 J-money pads for gaming enhancement as these are looking to be my next purchase. I'm thinking the sound stage enhancements and bass tightening would probably improve their competitive ranking even more?

Did you read my impressions of the HD650 with DH? Like I said it's a good setup for gaming with a balanced sound and very good positioning. For competitive gaming though a headphone with emphasised treble and somewhat thinner bass is a better match for DH.

Jan 18, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #60 of 48,562
no akg 240s mentioned up there :frowning2:

also i see that dang anime chick everywhere....i forgot what software it was from.my friend reccomended to me for vocals for j-core production and so forth.never liked it.
i tried it before but forgot about it after 5 seconds cause i couldn't read japanese lol...anyways... nice write up there. i don't remember how they sound but only 5.1 headsets i ever tried and was pretty good was turtle beach hpa2 for pc gaming. great sound for gaming and movies but music it was alright.

i also tried the cyber snipa 5.1 headset. very comfortable cause of the awesome velour pads and decent sound for gaming but horrible for music. i'm just kinda disappointed in myself for not doing research before hand. i could of saved sooo much money and bought nice headphones from the beginning.  atleast my cyber snipa sexy red velour pads can fit on my akg's. they became useful for something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back