1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (11/19/2019: Audeze LCD-1 Added)

Discussion in 'Video Games Discussion' started by mad lust envy, Jan 17, 2011.
  1. PurpleAngel Contributor
    I would expect the DT1990 to provide a better overall sound quality, compared to the DT990.
    I myself own the DT990-250-Ohm & 600-Ohm, the 250-Ohm T70 and 250-Ohm T90.

2. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    I forget, are you just playing on PC?

1. If you play on Xbox, you can just use the Dolby Atmos app for it. If you play on PC, you have limitless options. Dolby Atmos app, HeSuVi, or buy a cheap usb stick like the Xonar U3 that has virtual surround and can be sent either optical or line out to your dac. On PS4, you're out of luck.

2. Of course. Though the GX is NOT the LCD2. They sound different. But yes, if you have an LCD2, or literally any LCD, you can use the mic cable with them and turn them into a headset.

3. Thenewbie76
    Sorry for the late reply, my bad I forgot tell you which platform I am on. I am playing on PC

4. TeeReQs
    Any plans to review anything from the Focal line (Elex or Clear?)

5. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    Not unless they reach out and send me something, or someone is willing to loan me a pair.

TeeReQs likes this.
  6. TeeReQs
    Someone get this man a pair of Focals!

7. SierraMadre
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Fegefeuer likes this.
  8. SierraMadre
    @Mad Lust Envy If I may ask, in your Multichannel VSS gaming and movie experiences with the SXFI Air, how much ‘out of your head’ depth did you get from the center channel?

Many thanks in advance.

9. Fegefeuer
    Wonder if it transfers S-XFI/SBX over optical out.

10. herya
    my Fostex-TR X00 are great for gaming, paired with my Sound BlasterX AE-5, great directional sound and effects.

11. tmaxx123
    X3 is a bit underwhelming from what I was hoping it would be. Oh well, Back to my x7 with sparkos :)

12. TeeReQs
    I'm thinking of doing the Sparkos upgrade on my X7. Asgard 3 was intriguing, but with no optical input, that doesn't work for me.

13. Yethal
    I own the Clears. Not that great for gaming, imaging is amazing but the soundstage is very narrow which hurts positional cues.

14. TeeReQs
    Good to know. Elex is more in my price range anyways, but any idea if they are similar to the clears in regards to soundstage?

15. tmaxx123
    sparkos are def worth it in the x7. I’ve had them for over a year and they always seem to surprise me no matter what I throw at them. Well worth it

TeeReQs likes this.