1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (11/19/2019: Audeze LCD-1 Added)

Discussion in 'Video Games Discussion' started by mad lust envy, Jan 17, 2011.
  1. Ozan.
    For dt990 pro 250 ohm which external card should i buy for gaming?

2. wmf
    anyone use the audeze mobius for gaming? any good?

specs look nice. i prefer the open backs for gaming, but always willing to check out good gaming cans.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  3. TeeReQs
    Check out MLE's review in this thread

4. debugman
    I have two questions regarding the DSS connection suggested in this diagram:
    [​IMG]
    1. If setting the output to DSS, won't the audio pass through the USB? So why it says to connect the optical cable?
    2. Which 3.5mm cable I need to connect from the usb adapter to the AUX in, 3-pole or 4-pole?

5. Yethal
    Usb is used for chat audio only in this diagram, optical is used for game audio. Route 3 pole cable from adapter output to aux input on dss.

Clean6eR likes this.
  6. debugman
    I guess I will just try it, but I am pretty sure that setting the output to DSS is wrong

7. Yethal
    It's not if you set the headphone output to chat only

8. debugman
    oh right :face_palm::zipper_mouth:

9. ronfifer
    Honestly I am so confused now. I'll keep it simple and hope experienced, audiophile, FPS gamers can help.

What are the two ultimate open-back headphones that meet the following:

1. Have best imaging, most accurate sense of direction spanning 360 degrees, and large enough soundstage in an online FPS game.
    2. No mic is required
    3. Does not significantly underperform in other areas such as bass, fun factor, and immersion (ex: AD700x)
    4. Will NOT be used for anything other FPS online gaming.

Please name one below $300 and one above $300.

If a DAC/AMP is required please mention it as well. Please answer based on personal experience and knowledge because i will take your answer very seriously. I'm so tired of this long due indecisiveness.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  10. Yethal
    There is literally an entire guide on the first page dedicated to answering your questions, *** man.

11. Fegefeuer
    There are are plenty of great reviews on the front page.

anyway, not too much above 300$:

Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen
    Sennheiser HD800

Those two are very special in that regard and fulfill your 4 requirements to the fullest, however they need decent amping at the very least. I'd say Modi Multibit + Vali 2.

ronfifer likes this.
  12. ronfifer
    Thank you. And anything comes to mind below $300? other than the AD700x because of its poor bass and fun factor.
    The T1 is $1,050 in Canadian Dollars so that is not "not too much above $300" haha.

13. thewind32
    Those 2 aspects don't generally go with headphones used for sound whoring.

14. ronfifer
    You took my words out of context. I did not say competitive AND bassy AND fun. i said competitive without significantly sacrificing bass and fun factor like the AD700x does.

Basically I am looking for the same legendary 360 degrees positioning capability of the AD700x but with improved bass and immersion, even if that means sacrificing a little bit of competitiveness. Would that be the AKG712Pro? or ATH-ADG1x? or Sen HD599? or...?

The HD 800 and Ber T1 2nd Gen recommended by Fegefeuer are $1k-$2k hence beyond my budget.

15. Clean6eR
    philips shp 9500, philps x2hr, sennhiser pc360, sennhiser game one, sennhiser gsp 500, beyer dt 990

Evshrug and ronfifer like this.