1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (11/19/2019: Audeze LCD-1 Added)

Discussion in 'Video Games Discussion' started by mad lust envy, Jan 17, 2011.
  1. tmaxx123
    Caved and got the x7 LE and the Bluetooth dongle since they’re on sale. I’m interested to see how my istreamer dac will compare to the x7 dac playing flac Via lightning cable. Hopefully I’ll be able to sell everything and have the x7 be the new workhorse :)

I’ll report back when it gets here

2. Yethal
    Join Patreon and/or send Mad these headphones.

3. Stillhart
    You were answered in this thread already and in PM already. Why do you keep asking?

Evshrug and WhiteHartMart like this.
  4. DasGouche
    I have read several reviews on Schiit Multibit DACs and got the consensus that they were more rounded sounding. Has anyone fed one of these dacs the output of the x7 with sbx applied and thought the surround was different compared to a delta sigma dac?

5. Evshrug
    The Sound Pressure Level (SPL) is generally a better indicator of how much headroom you’ll need in your amplifier to get good volume (this stat is usually labeled under “Sensitivity” in the headphone’s specifications).

I tend to base my volume on the mids/vocals though... and the treble spike... look up how much differential there is, and be extra careful when setting the volume in games where shooting sounds might hit (or have harmonic notes that hit) the pitch right where that treble spike is. Look up safe listening volumes, consider how many more decibels the treble spike can be from the mids, and consider how frequently that pitch will play. Left my ears ringing.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  6. mikerrr
    i want your help
    someone told me that The K712 pro is good for games, but not good for music or movies because it lacks bass.

do yoy believe this??

7. AppleheadMay

Nope, it's a great pair of phones but it does need a powerful amp to give its best.
    Not sure whaere the "lack of bass" idea comes from, it has more bass than the K702 which wasn't lacking in the fiirst place IMO, again, with a good amp.
    A bit less soundsatge than the K702 though.

Evshrug likes this.
  8. Evshrug
    Some people are bassheads, and always want more

9. dakanao
  10. Yethal
  11. dakanao
    MLE said that an Analog to Digital converter (which is what that is), can convert the RCA signal of the DSS, into the Mojo.. I'm wondering it it'll do the conversion from the Coax/Optical input from the Mojo to the RCA out to the DSS, with that cheap device..

12. Yethal
    Looks like it can yeah. But why would you want to do that?

13. mikerrr
    as i told you i did reasearch and i wan to buy the akg 712 pro because i read in alot of reviews from Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: that these headseats are very good
    #
    but my question is akg712 pro very good for games and music and movies?

in games will i hear every detail in one game? example K712 in music because i am hearing music all the kind of music from rock and jazz opera greek music ,, electronic music techno trance progresive psy trance and watching movies.. how performs?? you can hear all the details which have all the kind of music??

also in games like fps rpg games,, fighthing games,, horror games in all the kind of games how performs??

i mean with k712 you can hear everything in one game??i mean all the details??
    like sounds ,, water.. guns.. effects?? and all the detail which one game has?>?

so how is the

Build Quality
    Isolation/Leakage:?
    bass is it good?
    the Mids and Treble are very good?
    Soundstage: and Positioning? are very good?
    Clarity? is it good?

do you believe that are very good for games and movies and music?

i will buy them tomorow ///+

14. mikerrr
    if someone has the k712 and tested please to tell me please

15. dakanao
    To power my 300 ohm Sennheisers with the Mojo and get Dolby Headphone with it