1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (10/25/2018: Creative Aurvana Trio added)

Discussion in 'Video Games Discussion' started by mad lust envy, Jan 17, 2011.
  1. HairyHook
    Just curious, what have you compared the X7+ Sparkos with?

2. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    edit: Nevermind, just woke up.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  3. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    I just now realized that headfi allows you to go deeper into edits and it has a spell check. SMH. 8 years plus, and I just NOW figured this out.

edit: The G6 review has been updated and added to the front page. As far as I can tell, this is final, barring some updates once Creative fixes its issues.

It is filed under Creative Sound BlasterX G6, for when you want to search

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  4. xformulax
    Damn, you're still here at it :D How've you been? Still on PSN or back to XBL?

5. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    Yooooo. Long time.

Actually mostly on pc now.

6. Cesarlo
    PS4 users...

Have you had any issues with friends saying you sound a little quiet? I have one friend who says he can hear me loud and clear (although he admits to having his chat volume really high), whereas three others have said I sound quiet.

Is it simply a case of adjusting the sidetone volume, or is there any other setting(s) in the mixer that I can play around with?

Many thanks.

7. Lay.
    Hi Cesarlo,

You can adjust your mic volume by adjusting G6 sidetone volume or by PS4 Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Adjust Microphone Level.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Cesarlo likes this.
  8. Cesarlo
    Hi Lay. :)

I'd been using 'Adjust Microphone Level' and to me it sounded perfect. I recorded a couple of videos where I tested the mic (while I was in a party), so that I could listen back to it, but then someone else tonight said I sounded quiet so it felt like I was back at square one.

I never had anyone say I sounded quiet when I used the X7, and it's the same people I've always played with, so it's a direct comparison.

I've been doing a few tests to try and get it right. I've adjusted the sidetone (basically put it as high as it'll go), and again it sounds perfectly fine when I test it out, but I'll see what they say tomorrow! Just wondered if there was anything else in the settings I might have missed or could be used to improve it.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  9. PABZINO
    So after a long hard look at the very best headset for xbox competitive play such as pubg, bo4, i still dont know whats the best for me ? For hearings footsteps the best and such. I have plans on sennheiser but theres a few to choose from. What heaphone/headset would you guys suggest as i am going to start streaming bo4 and want to be ready. Let me know, would really appreciate it thanks.

10. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    Anyways, so I guess my next thing to review is the Creative Trio IEM, so keep an eye out for that, guys.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  11. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    Edit: Wrong place

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  12. halcyon
    Second (different) opinion on Sparkos SS3601 + SS3602 + USB dejitter + regulated linear power supply upgrade on X7:
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cre...iew-impressions.756102/page-209#post-14531130

I have compared X7 to:

- AqVox USB Dac 2
    - Simaudio Moon 430HA (w/ DAC)
    - X7 standard (with OpAmps it ships with)

I can't recommend the Sparkos update un-eq'd, especially if you are sensitive to sibiliance or don't like upper mid-treble frequency range pronounced slow decay (around 6-8kHz).

13. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Sennheiser HD558 or Audio Technica ATH-AD700(X) headphones.
    Modmic.
    Astro Mix-amp.

14. Yethal
    Have you tried running Sparkos only without the LPS and the usb dongle?

15. halcyon
    Sure, no difference in sound. What I mainly wanted with the PSU was a lower noise floor (can't hear it, perhaps measurements might reveal something) and with de-jitter lack of problems with the USB-connection (sometimes, very rarely, X7 drops off the USB).