Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 18, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #41,176 of 48,562
I have creative X7,Mobius and Xbone.

How do intelligent people work the chat and volume? Either straight out of the controller, or in conjunction with the X7. Can’t make sense of it.

THANK YOU!
On Xbox you're screwed. One way is to use 3,5mm headset splitter, plug it into the controller, plug microphone in one end and a 3.5mm to rca cable into the other and then plug the rca end into rca in connector on the X7.

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #41,177 of 48,562
I have creative X7,Mobius and Xbone.

How do intelligent people work the chat and volume? Either straight out of the controller or in conjunction with the X7. Can’t make sense of it.

THANK YOU!

Neither X7 or Mobius will support chat on Xbox. The best solution is to get an mixamp Pro TR (Xbox version) for chat and route the signal (stream out from the Mixamp) into the Line in on the X7, this way you get full control of the mic and you can precisely adjust the chat volume with the X7 mixer. ( you will have to split the mic and headpone calbe, so you connect the mic to the Mixamp and the headphones to the X7)

Not sure how the Mobius mic is routed, but assuming it's TRS from the headphone jack you can simply add a splitter to it. I assume this means you simply forgo the Mobious base and processing, I'm sure some of the Mobious owners has more info on this subject.

There is another solution to use the controller audio for the chat, but it's a messy one and will in many cases (depending on cables, interference and controller) introduce humming and noise.

You will then have to use a splitter on the xbox controller audio port and then connect your mic into the controller and then route the headphone part of the Y cable (going from the controller) to the X7 line in.

Not really tried this with the X7, but all other surround headphones who don't support USB chat on xbox uses this workaround one way or the other.

If you really need chat on the xbox the Mixamp TR is the easiest and best solution, albeit will cost you some money.

x7_2.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #41,178 of 48,562
I gave my best friend who lives on the other side of the world my Game Ones, and it made me had to bring out my HE-400. So I decided to take out the Dekoni TH900 hybrid pads and use the Dekoni Beyerdynamic DT Elite Velours. While I enoy the TH900 pads for it's darker more in your face rawness, there's something special about the DT elite velours on the HE-400. The sound is much sharper and airy, and imaging is improved quite a bit. I think this is why I loved the HE400 with the Hifiman velours from the beginning, though these pads are even better. I've fallen in love with the HE400 again and when I think of planar magic, I think of this presentation. It's definitely unique and unlike any typical dynamic.

I assume the Massdrop 4XX is just a rerelease of the HE-400, and at $169 for a new pair, if I didn't already have my HE-400, I'd buy that for myself. Aside from my Koss clip ons, there's no headphone that has made me go back and buy them over and over like the HE400. It's not perfect, but man, what it does right, is special to me. The depth of its bass, the crystalline top end, and the open planar imaging is addictive.

Another subject however, HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME MASSDROP HAD A $500 KOSS ESP950 electrostatic REBRAND!? That's CRAZY. And the pads look WAY more comfy! I wanna try it! :'(

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #41,179 of 48,562
Another subject however, HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME MASSDROP HAD A $500 KOSS ESP950 electrostatic REBRAND!? That's CRAZY. And the pads look WAY more comfy! I wanna try it! :'(

I've been eyeing them off too.

Am so glad I don't have the cash in the bank at the moment, otherwise I'd probably bite.

I'm going to make a pledge to myself right here and now.

No more headphones until the A16 is delivered and I've culled off at least 50% of the ones I currently have.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #41,180 of 48,562
I thought the 4xx was the 400i, just with the old headband?

Yes the 95x is a pretty sweet deal, if you want to dip your feet with e-stats. I recently took mine out of my current setup, as I was using it for so long and wanted to try something else. Now I want to get Vesper velour pads for it so I don't feel left out...

Sep 18, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #41,181 of 48,562
I thought the 4xx was the 400i, just with the old headband?

Yes the 95x is a pretty sweet deal, if you want to dip your feet with e-stats. I recently took mine out of my current setup, as I was using it for so long and wanted to try something else. Now I want to get Vesper velour pads for it so I don't feel left out...
Looking at the tonal balance, you're probably right. Why, WHY would they use the old headband though? That thing is prove to breaking where the bars slide up and down. That part'' glue separates from the leather.

Ah well.

I'm glad i kept mine though my cables are all shot to hell. I'd probably would actually spend money to have someone convert the entries into basic 3.5mm mono inputs or something.

Sep 20, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #41,182 of 48,562
Hi@all, I need your help please.
I have the Audio GD 11.28 for my Ps4 and Xbox (Headphones) but I will buy the active Speakers Audioengine A5+. My Question is, can I connect these Speakers+Amp with my Consoles? And can you say me please, how can I do that

Thank you very much!
Sorry, my English is very bad :)

Sep 20, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #41,183 of 48,562
I have the Audio GD 11.28 for my Ps4 and Xbox (Headphones) but I will buy the active Speakers Audioengine A5+. My Question is, can I connect these Speakers+Amp with my Consoles? And can you say me please, how can I do that

Thank you very much!
If you already have the Audio GD connected to your PS4 and Xbox, you can connect the A5+ to the Audio GD's DAC Out output.

Sep 20, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #41,186 of 48,562
Hello all, I've been a long time lurker on this thread and have been rocking a pair of PC360's and an Astro Mixamp 5.8 since early 2012, thanks to the recommendations here. I want to take my audio experience for gaming a step further and was planning on picking up the AKG K7xx's but I have become intrigued by the Sennheiser HD58x, mainly do to how well the PC360's fit my large melon. How do these compare as far as sound stage and pinpointing enemy locations? I mostly play Siege on PS4 for reference...

Thanks in advance

Sep 20, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #41,187 of 48,562
Hello all, I've been a long time lurker on this thread and have been rocking a pair of PC360's and an Astro Mixamp 5.8 since early 2012, thanks to the recommendations here. I want to take my audio experience for gaming a step further and was planning on picking up the AKG K7xx's but I have become intrigued by the Sennheiser HD58x, mainly do to how well the PC360's fit my large melon. How do these compare as far as sound stage and pinpointing enemy locations? I mostly play Siege on PS4 for reference...
Thanks in advance
I got the HD58X a few weeks back and I give it two thumbs up (audio quality), they are a little tight on the head, but that seems to be a problem that can be fixed.
i'm not into FPS gaming, so can't say on surround sound, but they do sound nice :)

Sep 20, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #41,188 of 48,562

Thank you very much!
Connect the Audio Engine A5+ to the line-output (RCA jacks) on the A5+

Do you set your gaming consoles to 2.0 audio output, when they are connect (using optical) to the NFB-11.28?

Sep 20, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #41,189 of 48,562

Thanks in advance
I don’t have the pc360 to compare with my 58x but i do have the 579 which I assume would be very similar.

Both have good soundstage. 579 are slightly wider but the 58x have better imaging. And having good imaging is more important than just having a wide soundstage especially if you’re trying to be competitive.

As far as sound quality, the 58X sound the best. In fact the 58X sounds very similar to the 660s which are $500.

I play mainly fps with my 58x.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #41,190 of 48,562
I've recently been doing some testing of windows sonic for headphones and dolby atmos for headphones (with hesuvi), giving them each a couple of days. I never really fully got into windows sonic for headphone, idk if there was some bug or if I needed to give it even more time or if it just isn't that good. Atmos had distinct directions, but no real out of head effect at all. I felt it did have no perceivable amount of added reverb, so if that is your main gripe with VSS, then there is the dsp for you. It was an interesting experience. I figure I'll be yo-yoing back and forth between atmos for headphone and dolby headphone for a while due to indecisiveness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back