Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 23, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #46,381 of 48,561
Hi
Where I can read instructions (faq) for how to correctly connect G6 to PS5?
Need help with a PS5, just asking any teenage boy (or girl?).

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #46,382 of 48,561
Hello
Whats the better settings for PS5 with Crative G6? I mean settings in PS5 menu.
What i need to select in AUDIO FORMAT - PCM or BITSTREAM(DOLBY)?

I don need chat, and connection of G6 with PS5 by USB. (No optical connection because only USB connection can make SONY 3D TEMPEST SOUND in games that have this Tempest 3D sound)

Thanks

Need help with a PS5, just asking any teenage boy (or girl?).
i mean audio setting in ps5 and whats better (optical or usb connection)

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #46,384 of 48,561
I'm currently messing around with the EQ on the SBX G6 using SB command (I try to aim for Oratory1990's Harman target from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/faq).
I wonder... is there a difference between direct mode and Stereo + a "flat" SBX profile (everything put to 0)?
Unfortunately, EQ and direct won't work together :frowning2:.
EQ is a function of the Acoustic Engine, which Direct Mode disables. Using an external EQ (EQ APO for example) allows for Direct Mode. A flat SBX is still not the same as Direct Mode.

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #46,386 of 48,561
Been awhile since I've been on here, but itching to try Super X-Fi. Right now i have a Sound Blaster X7 w/ full set of Sparkos op amps, powering a pair of HD800.

So, what's the better buy: X3 or Super X-Fi dongle?

I use a wireless Modmic, so I'm leaning towards the dongle as I won't need the mic input. Can I double amp the dongle using my X7, or vice versa with the X3? I'd hate to downgrade the sound quality coming from my X7 with Sparkos.

Glad to hear the Sparkos op amps work well. I got some myself, planning to install in my AE-9.

I guess the question is, what's so special about Super X-Fi over the virtual surround of the X7 or AE-9?

Feb 24, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #46,388 of 48,561
Hello
Whats the better settings for PS5 with Creative G6? I mean settings in PS5 menu.
What i need to select in AUDIO FORMAT - PCM or BITSTREAM(DOLBY)?

I don need chat, and connection of G6 with PS5 by USB. (No optical connection because only USB connection can make SONY 3D TEMPEST SOUND in games that have this Tempest 3D sound)

Thanks

i mean audio setting in ps5 and whats better (optical or usb connection)
Typically bitstream is up to 6 channels encoded/compressed digital audio, limited to 24-bit/48k (DVD movie audio quality) and something at the other end need to be able to decode/un-compress the encoded audio. For USB or S/PDIF optical, PCM is normally limited to 2-channel (at least with Windows PCs).
Just not familiar enough with how the G6 handles audio, with a gaming console, to offer better advice.

Feb 24, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #46,389 of 48,561
Glad to hear the Sparkos op amps work well. I got some myself, planning to install in my AE-9.

I guess the question is, what's so special about Super X-Fi over the virtual surround of the X7 or AE-9?
From what I've read, most people seem to like it better than SBX. I've never really truly been happy with the rear cues of SBX. The sound quality using SBX is definitely one of the best I've heard, but always get the itch to try something new.

Feb 24, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #46,391 of 48,561
From what I've read, most people seem to like it better than SBX. I've never really truly been happy with the rear cues of SBX. The sound quality using SBX is definitely one of the best I've heard, but always get the itch to try something new.

Hmm, I wonder if the Super X-Fi can be combined with the X7 or AE-9 so you keep the sound quality but use the SXFI's VSS capability. Have you tried emailing Creative?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back