Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 14, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #27,647 of 48,562
Does anyone know where you can get a Vmoda Boompro in the UK? Amazon only have 1 listing and it's around £45. EBay has a listing from China so I'm giving that a miss. My only other option is from Vmoda with international shipping charges. Thanks.

Seriously, £45? I got mine ages ago for I think £22 from Amazon UK. They must be very low on stock atm, thus the silly markup. Try going to Amazon.com and I bet you'll get it much cheaper from there (the US site will estimate the import charges to import to Britain). I bet maybe £28 tops perhaps? It's a lot, but I'm well impressed by that mic, and it's a far more elegant solution than the Modmic (extra cables=not good). It's got a highish internal resistance though, so swap it out if you're seriously into music.

BTW, hi all, especially Evshrug, Feg, Purple etc :) [Evs - you still streaming?]

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #27,648 of 48,562
Has anyone actually figured out which settings in BF4 are the best when using headphones and SBX/THX/DH?

In BF4, im using Headphone and Surround and sounds good to me. But I have not tried using Home Cinema. I know War Tapes is perhaps meant for more immersion and hearing your weapon sound louder than everything else.....

Headphone+surround uses BF4's built in VSS and outputs processed stereo, so you're basically doubling effects (and your Z is basically just faking surround effects on a stereo source). I would expect that to sound like mud-city, but if you like it then you like it. Hi-Fi is like a stereo HiFi system, home cinema actually will share a multichannel surround signal.

Seriously, £45? I got mine ages ago for I think £22 from Amazon UK. They must be very low on stock atm, thus the silly markup. Try going to Amazon.com and I bet you'll get it much cheaper from there (the US site will estimate the import charges to import to Britain). I bet maybe £28 tops perhaps? It's a lot, but I'm well impressed by that mic, and it's a far more elegant solution than the Modmic (extra cables=not good). It's got a highish internal resistance though, so swap it out if you're seriously into music.

BTW, hi all, especially Evshrug, Feg, Purple etc :) [Evs - you still streaming?]

Uh, I haven't done it in awhile. I need to do some personal-time catching up today (laundry, put my K712, M100, and E12 on the FS thread, contact Creative to see if they have a traking number for my delayed X7, resist buying a hydroponic indoor garden, etc), and I'm bowling at 7 US Eastern, but I might be able to hop on for awhile... Possibly play some more The Last Of Us.

My X7 is due to be delivered tomorrow. I will post impressions as soon as I get it.

You lucky 8@$74R|], I'm pretty sure my US Postal Service lost mine which was supposed to arrive mid-last week. Hope you love it though.

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #27,649 of 48,562
..........buying a hydroponic indoor garden

Yup - we know what that's for
wink_face.gif

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #27,650 of 48,562
Headphone+surround uses BF4's built in VSS and outputs processed stereo, so you're basically doubling effects (and your Z is basically just faking surround effects on a stereo source). I would expect that to sound like mud-city, but if you like it then you like it. Hi-Fi is like a stereo HiFi system, home cinema actually will share a multichannel surround signal.
Uh, I haven't done it in awhile. I need to do some personal-time catching up today (laundry, put my K712, M100, and E12 on the FS thread, contact Creative to see if they have a traking number for my delayed X7, resist buying a hydroponic indoor garden, etc), and I'm bowling at 7 US Eastern, but I might be able to hop on for awhile... Possibly play some more The Last Of Us.
You lucky 8@$74R|], I'm pretty sure my US Postal Service lost mine which was supposed to arrive mid-last week. Hope you love it though.

What headphone will you be using with the X7 when it arrives?

Dec 14, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #27,653 of 48,562
It was actually just delivered. :D

I wasnt expecting Sunday delivery but I'm not complaining. I should have time to hook it up and test it out. I'll post impressions when I get a chance.

Amazon now delivers on Sundays. Isnt that great? :)

I think mainly because of the holidays. Last year alot of people didnt get their gifts due to time constriants and what not. But even then.....domt order on the 23rd expecting your stuff to be delivered on the 25th :p

Dec 14, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #27,654 of 48,562
Trying to find the best closed back headphones for gaming on console. Tried the ad700's they are great but my family can hear the chaos so I need closed backs. I tried the Cal's they are also very good but I really like the ad700's. Seeing akg550 and ATH-A900X , any other suggestions? Thank you!

Dec 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #27,655 of 48,562
  Trying to find the best closed back headphones for gaming on console. Tried the ad700's they are great but my family can hear the chaos so I need closed backs. I tried the Cal's they are also very good but I really like the ad700's. Seeing akg550 and ATH-A900X , any other suggestions? Thank you!

SoundMAGIC HP100 is another good option for Closed.

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #27,657 of 48,562

I wasnt expecting Sunday delivery but I'm not complaining. I should have time to hook it up and test it out. I'll post impressions when I get a chance.

Come on! :D
'anticipation intensifies'

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #27,658 of 48,562
Yup - we know what that's for :wink_face:  

Um, basil and salad, because my roommate doesn't eat greens that aren't inside the meals his mom drops off for him, so I always end up throwing away spoiled baggies of salad from the grocery store? Maybe some flowers to attract the girlfriend :D

What headphone will you be using with the X7 when it arrives?

Well, I can try quite a few once it arrives! I could try it with those For Sale headphones, but mainly I'm interested in seeing how it goes with my K612, HD700, and Stax SR-X MKIII. I think others would find impressions with those interesting!

Wow, really? You give me some hope, let me check the front door!
Edit: nope... :frowning2:

I'm interested in the X7 since it has a coupon that brings it down to 280 but was wondering if you can use a mic on it when connected to consoles and get chat audio? 

Where is this coupon, or do you mean you have a gift card? Share the luv, please!
By the way, it has a 3.5mm mic jack if you want to use your own mic, BUT it has a built-in Beamforming mic so you don't NEED a separate mic... I haven't looked at the setup steps for the Xbox One yet, but for Playstations and computers the setup would be super clean and probably quite decent even for using a standard pair of Bluetooth headphones (MEElectronics has a new one ~$90 that is getting very positive reviews) if you aren't sitting too far from the mic.

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #27,659 of 48,562
Where is this coupon, or do you mean you have a gift card? Share the luv, please!
By the way, it has a 3.5mm mic jack if you want to use your own mic, BUT it has a built-in Beamforming mic so you don't NEED a separate mic... I haven't looked at the setup steps for the Xbox One yet, but for Playstations and computers the setup would be super clean and probably quite decent even for using a standard pair of Bluetooth headphones (MEElectronics has a new one ~$90 that is getting very positive reviews) if you aren't sitting too far from the mic.

There's a coupon on creative's website for 30% off. It doesn't show it on the page but when you add it to your cart it'll show the discount. 

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #27,660 of 48,562
There's a coupon on creative's website for 30% off. It doesn't show it on the page but when you add it to your cart it'll show the discount. 

Nope, I can't see any coupon other than the free shipping, nothing automatically gets applied when I add the X7 to my cart. Link?

EDIT EDIT EDIT!!!
RetailMeNot helped me find an even better coupon, code HOHOHO3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back