1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MAD Ear+ Purist HD thread.

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by lmilhan, May 22, 2007.
First

Back
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
90 91 92
Next

Last
  1. AndyBurns
    So how does it compare to the Ear+HD? Specifically with Grados. Similar sound or a noticeable improvement. I love my Ear+ but was considering the Sugarmaple. 

2. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Both were brilliant! The advantage of the OD300 was that it paired with the HD800S and HE1000s so much better.

3. AndyBurns
     I have the SR80I & SR325e so it sounds like I'm not missing anything and saved a few bucks to boot. Thank you!

4. JoeDoe
    Finall made it back in the club!!!

IMG_0191.JPG

wormsdriver likes this.
  5. whirlwind
    Wow!

Where did you find it Joe.

6. JoeDoe
    Ol' @wormsdriver reached out about letting his go! Funnily enough, I've probably pestered him about selling/trading it 3-4 times over the last 6 months.

7. whirlwind
    Congrats...does he have another one.

8. JoeDoe
    No ideer.

9. wormsdriver
    Haha, I finally caved in. your pestering worked! Lol, jk

I don't get a chance to listen at home to either speakers or headphones for some time now so it was time to pass it along where it'll get more use. I don't have another Mad Ear+ anymore as I sold one and traded another one over a year ago. :frowning2:

Great little amps indeed!:thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  10. whirlwind
    I knew you had two of them at one time.

Yes, they sure are great little amps, with some nice tube rolling options and only having to change one tube to change the sound.

wormsdriver likes this.
  11. JoeDoe
    And no one is more appreciative than me :gs1000smile:

Very underrated amps. Definitely a testament to smart design > newest tech.

wormsdriver likes this.
  12. AndyBurns
    f660e4b4-eea3-4c1b-bc9c-9c68ac9ad90d.png Coming up on my 1 year anniversary.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    JoeDoe, BobG55 and wormsdriver like this.
  13. whirlwind

Very nice.

JoeDoe likes this.
  14. BobG55

Wow. Beauty ! Ordered a MAD Ear+ HD from Lloyd today. Looking forward to it. I owned a used one two years ago & went through a whole bunch of expensive headphone amps & headphones & I've decided to get back to basics & just enjoy the music. I'm keeping my HD6xx siblings & will probably either buy an RS1 (used) or SR325e which I owned before & really really liked. I'm probably going to sell my HD800 & then that'll be it. I'm done.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    wormsdriver, whirlwind and JoeDoe like this.
  15. whirlwind

When is the delivery date ?
    Will be a great amp, congrats.

BobG55 likes this.
First

Back
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
90 91 92
Next

Last