"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
May 2, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #5,686 of 6,388
The XM6 did ok with the HE500's and Mad Dogs at lower volumes IMHO.

The XM6 just broke up at medium-high volume and packed it in on the HE500's

Bit off topic now... The Mad Dogs ran well through my old O2 I'd recommend it

May 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #5,694 of 6,388
Quote:
alright cool sounding like it's going to be the iBasso D6, hopefully I can find a used one they seem to be much more reasonable going that route.

I was a bit skeptical of the Leckerton and decided to go for the D6 based on the power output and some comments from Hiflight (the topkit guy).  I ran across a nice deal on an iBasso PB2/DB2 combo and ended up getting that.  It drives the Mad Dogs quite well.  I would expect the D6 to do the same.  If memory serves (and it may not at this point) the Leckerton is 175 mW/channel, the D6 is like 500 mW per channel.  That said, the Leckerton does get a lot of love around here...

May 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #5,695 of 6,388
I was a bit skeptical of the Leckerton and decided to go for the D6 based on the power output and some comments from Hiflight (the topkit guy).  I ran across a nice deal on an iBasso PB2/DB2 combo and ended up getting that.  It drives the Mad Dogs quite well.  I would expect the D6 to do the same.  If memory serves (and it may not at this point) the Leckerton is 175 mW/channel, the D6 is like 500 mW per channel.  That said, the Leckerton does get a lot of love around here...

I've read good things about the Leckerton too on here, but forgot about it. Price point is similar so it'll come to one of the two. Can Anybody tell me the differences between the op-amps they offer?

May 3, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #5,697 of 6,388
Quote:
I'm not responding to feed into the whole argument, but there IS a equalizer for Spotify now.  It's called Equalify and it works well. 

Carry on gents........................

I hate to go off-topic, this this just made my day. (And it's past midnight here!
biggrin.gif
) Anything similar for Pandora's app?

May 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #5,698 of 6,388
I hate to go off-topic, this this just made my day. (And it's past midnight here! :D ) Anything similar for Pandora's app?

There is not. The gent who developed the Equalizer app has been trying to work with Pandora but they don't seem to think they need the support or something. I tried by contacting the Pandora customer service team via email as I'm a Pandora One member, hoping they would consider it to no avail yet. It surely could use the tool. Never know.

May 3, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #5,700 of 6,388
Quote:
Yeah, we'd make way more money selling new phones and obsoleting the old designs vs upgrades, which truly are break even.  

I have some customers who own dozens of phones, and others who worked overtime and saved for months to buy these headphones, so I take my obligation to deliver value very seriously. The price is low compared to summit gear, but that doesn't mean this isn't an important investment for a lot of people.  Thus I want to make this a special, lasting product, not a launch point to upsell.

Is our approach unique?  I think so.  Perfect?  Doubt it.  I can't solve global shipping costs, yet, so it's more of a burden for overseas customers.  But I get this, and hopefully we'll address it in the EU, then other locations over time.  Patience will be appreciated!

In the meantime, anyone with other ideas is always welcome to send me a PM.  I have no monopoly on good ideas, that's for sure.  

And yes, I promise the frequency of updates will decrease; the pads are not going to change, and they are the main driver for other changes (plus I have the new balanced phones to get out the door!).

Thanks Dan, I hope with that the complaiants will cease lol [ofc they won't] 

Non the less, hopefully I'll be getting another job here soon and in a better position to save up for these again! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back