"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Apr 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #5,326 of 6,388
Quote:

Indeed, that one.  You should be able to hear it soon.  See you there. :wink:

(btw, I'm the guy who bought the MadDogs from you last weekend @ the NYC Audio Meet; the 1st one who paid by credit card ... I'll just be much cleaner shaven Saturday -hehe)

Too busy to hear it today!  Bummer...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #5,327 of 6,388
Quote:
Too busy to hear it today!  Bummer...

Yep, oh well, maybe some other time.  Hope at least the meet was fruitful for you.

I was happy to read this in another thread, so it tells me it's not some placebo effect I'm hearing and I'm not over-blowing how well your MadDog and the Little Dot III+ mesh:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat 
The Mad Dogs sounded great at the mrspeakers booth, but they sounded even better out of one fellows impedence matching LD3+.

p.s. to any readers interested in picking-up a (probably lightly used) Little Dot III+, daveDerek mentioned he has a LD3+ he doesn't use and is interested in selling it.

Apr 21, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #5,328 of 6,388
The asus xonar essence one stock/muses sounds extremely good with the Mad Dog, just thought I should trow it in in the recommendations here of amp/dac to the Mad Dog.

Apr 21, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #5,329 of 6,388
Our first order of The Mad Dogs have arrived.  I'm loving it through my Wadia 121 at present.  Can't wait till the balanced version arrives.  Aside from generally loving the signature, it's great that my girlfriend can be sound asleep and my listening doesn't wake her.  I can't wait to hear it on my iFi-Micro iCAN, iDAC,Gemini Cable and so forth.  

Apr 21, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #5,330 of 6,388
I'm loving the sound signature as well. Probably "brain burn in", as some of you guys put it, but the sound seems to have gotten smoother to my ears. The sound sig is just very pleasant to listen to.

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #5,331 of 6,388
I have just ordered these headphones from Mrspeaker's web site. I filled in all the required information. Now my money is withdrawn from my credit card, but the headphones is still in the shopping chart... And no confirmation order has been sent to me.

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #5,332 of 6,388
If your card is charged, then the order is placed. Just wait to get a confirmation email. I believe Dan is a the NY meet this weekend. Just shoot him a pm for confirmation. 

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #5,333 of 6,388
Quote:
If your card is charged, then the order is placed. Just wait to get a confirmation email. I believe Dan is a the NY meet this weekend. Just shoot him a pm for confirmation. 

Thanks for this reply. Then i Just can calm down a bit :wink:. I did leave a message at his site, but I just did the ordering 20 min ago.

All the nice replies in this thread, and the fact that the Mad Dog is closed made me choose this over Audeze and Hifiman.

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #5,334 of 6,388
I was at the NY meet yesterday with Dan. I will be reviewing the Mad Dog's  with the Woo WA7 as well. I have the headphones and starting listening this morning.  Dan is a

super guy as well. These headphones sound very impressive and I am looking forward to my time with them. I will post when link when the review is complete in about 4 weeks.

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #5,335 of 6,388
Quote:
I have just ordered these headphones from Mrspeaker's web site. I filled in all the required information. Now my money is withdrawn from my credit card, but the headphones is still in the shopping chart... And no confirmation order has been sent to me.

I am up to my nose in frustration with my eCommerce engine and am looking to move to a new platform.  Once in a while orders don't get a proper "completion" status after payment processing.  

I do always get the money, and your order is in the database but PayPal and my engine don't complete the transaction and I have to do it manually.  If you ever place an order but don't get a confirmation, be patient, I'll contact you within 12-24 hours with an invoice and confirmation. 

We are working on it, it's just been infrequent and hard to isolate. 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 21, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #5,337 of 6,388
Pulled the trigger and ordered some Mad Dogs today!  Definitely my first jump back in full-sized phones after being done with the IEM scene (XBA-40 filled it for me). Looking forward to what these baby's can do, and happy to support a fellow native San Diegan
L3000.gif

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #5,339 of 6,388
I found this in the forum: 

I have always thought about this, and some one finally confirm this.

Below are a few photos of my down and dirty "proof of concept" for using a Neutrik NTP3RC-B right angle plug with the Mad Dogs.  In its stock form the Neutrik is just a bit too big for the jack opening, but with a bit of judicious filing and sanding, taking no more than 5-10 minutes, the plug fits nice and snug.

I used an existing cable I had laying around in the parts box, made from Canare L-4E5C.  It already had the right angle Neutrik on one end and I added a Switchcraft plug at the other end.

Using a medium file I knocked down a bit all around, paying attention to angle the file toward the plug but being careful not to kick or score it.  Then I worked it all around with 1/4" strips of 150 grit sandpaper, "shoeshine" style, until it fit the jack easily yet firmly.

It's important that you do the trimming of the plug after you have constructed the cable.  I'll give it a coat of black paint as the filing/sanding knocks off the original black finish.

Now to put together some nicer cables...

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #5,340 of 6,388
Interesting stuff with the cable. I'd prefer something like the vmoda...just a bit longer and with a full sized plug on the amp end. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back