"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Feb 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #3,076 of 6,388
WAAAH, I ordered on the ninth! At nighttime, too! That's one day before that break-point! I totally respect Dan's prerogative, but damn, my luck just got blown out. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #3,078 of 6,388
Quote:
Argh.  Did anyone get the newsletter, or is my mail server acting up?  

Ever since I upgraded my security on the site, I've been finding little glitches.

I got it...

I have to say, this "business model" is pure B.S! I hate that this is basically a "project" and we are being used as guinea pigs! And I'm "hurt" that I wasn't included (along with a host others) on this "trial" run you made.

#Disappointed
#NoLongerBuyingStuffFromYou
#BurningMyMadDogs

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #3,079 of 6,388
Aaaanyway, just ordered...

tongue.gif

Also, your e-mail I believe mentioned that changes were also measurable? Did you update your Measurements page (to get a visual clue). Thanks.

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #3,080 of 6,388
Quote:

I got it...

I have to say, this "business model" is pure B.S! I hate that this is basically a "project" and we are being used as guinea pigs! And I'm "hurt" that I wasn't included (along with a host others) on this "trial" run you made.

#Disappointed
#NoLongerBuyingStuffFromYou
#BurningMyMadDogs

I don't think losing the hashtag crowd will be a very bad loss.

#notontwitter #hashtagsarestupid #thisgenerationisscrewed

deadhorse.gif

wink.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #3,081 of 6,388
Quote:
How long have you let your pro 900's burn in cause they get way way way better between 100-200hrs. before 100hrs. they sound like dog crap.

I've had them for almost a year and a half. They're kind of uncomfortable and the sound is still way too harsh. The M80s are horribly uncomfortable too, and I've stretched them quite a bit. They were almost unbearable when I first got them.
Quote:
Spec-wise the Magni/Modi combo should certainly be up to the task.  More so than anything else in the $200 range for an amp/DAC combo.  

The Mad Dogs are excellent headphones.  When you add value you into the mix, they're extremely hard to beat.  They won't sound harsh unless your source material is a metal band recorded through a hot mixer in a glass warehouse (or something equally harsh).  I'd also say they're far from congested and (IMHO) best even some very good open headphones in this area.  

Just make sure to go for the full version.  At not even $40 extra they're worth every penny.  

Well you've convinced me, I'll be ordering them soon enough when I get the chance (the full version of course)
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll also be looking into the suggested amps. Thanks for the help guys! Looking forward to hearing these.
smile.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #3,082 of 6,388
Quote:
How are these for sound leakage? In all set to buy these but since they are going to be my portables I need something that doesn't leak much.

I can't get the Mad Dog to leak until about 1 o'clock, at which is a pretty ear deafening level. You'd have no problem with worrying about leakage.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #3,083 of 6,388
Quote:
How are these for sound leakage? In all set to buy these but since they are going to be my portables I need something that doesn't leak much.

They don't leak UNLESS you listen at ear-deafening levels! I work at a cube environment and everyone used to listen to my music when using my old Denon D5000s... that doesn't happen with these guys. You should be good.

Quote:
I don't think losing the hashtag crowd will be a very bad loss.

#notontwitter #hashtagsarestupid #thisgenerationisscrewed

deadhorse.gif

wink.gif

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/7/3960580/hashtags-are-bigger-than-twitter-vine-tumblr-instagram

Too bad you don't like them... (I do!) don't use the internet then, nor the TV... just swallow it!

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #3,084 of 6,388
Is that change in the newer version just new pads or some additional internal changes as well.
In other words if I get Alpha pads do I get the same level of improvement as ordering brand new pair of cans and if not is it possible to send them in for "retune"?

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #3,086 of 6,388
Quote:

Mirroring the opinions above! These do a fantastic job of... unleaking. The only time I was able to hear it was when a crazy friend of mine was listening to them at literally ear-busting levels, and even then they were about as loud as 20% volume leaking out of an open headphone.

Quote:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/7/3960580/hashtags-are-bigger-than-twitter-vine-tumblr-instagram

Too bad you don't like them... (I do!) don't use the internet then, nor the TV... just swallow it!

Looks like I'll have to pack my bags and take refuge at Myspace!

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #3,087 of 6,388
Quote:
Is that change in the newer version just new pads or some additional internal changes as well.
In other words if I get Alpha pads do I get the same level of improvement as ordering brand new pair of cans and if not is it possible to send them in for "retune"?

No internal changes.  After the Dog Pad upgrade, I learned my lesson.  I did a full production run and had people test the field upgrade.

1) Remove old pad

2) Remove white foam

3) Gently stretch the mounting material

4) Holding and pulling the mounting material (NOT the leather), gently pull the material on to the headphone, with the thick side of the pad to the rear

Take 3-5 minutes.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #3,088 of 6,388
Feb 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #3,089 of 6,388
Quote:
Argh.  Did anyone get the newsletter, or is my mail server acting up?  

Ever since I upgraded my security on the site, I've been finding little glitches.

I am subscribed, but I did not receive the newsletter either. I saw the update on Twitter though. How long is the approximated processing time before a MD is shipped? I am thinking of finally taking the plunge now!

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #3,090 of 6,388
We have inventory of new phones with Alpha Pads ready to go, and a bunch more in queue.  I expect they'll sell out today, but if so we'll have more to ship Monday and Tuesday.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back