"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Jan 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #2,686 of 6,388
Quote:
Dollar vs sound quality,imho,you are not to get a better sounding closed headphone
Some say ,they approach, the lcd2's ,but ymmv,, ,also with the newer pads,are very comfortable

Yeah this.  I have no experience with other ortho's as the LCD2, v2, 3.  I've had a fair number of closed phones as these are my preference.  The D7000's did a few things a bit better, and a few things a bit worse than the Mad Dogs.  They were not 2x (If you got a bargain) or 3x the price better in any way.  Of all the closed headphones I've owned, these to date hit the mark best with respect to sound quality, isolation, comfort and value.  See my profile for the list of headphones if you are interested.

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #2,687 of 6,388
Quote:

You know, I would mock you.... but when I first met Mr. Speakers he was smiling and couldn't stop talking about his new "Burson amp" and how much he loved it. Especially when he paired it with these "modified Fostex" he was so into back then. "Here, give these a listen" he would say, "I just did a little tweaking inside and they're great".  

"Why is this guy so obsessed with low level headphones? And why is he so happy with this little burson unit".   A few years later.... here I am with mad dogs and a soloist. 

Point being, I feel like it's my destiny to buy two of these. I'm not sure how I would use them, however I feel like the longer I delay, the longer I am putting off the inevitable. 

I really enjoy the Burson sound.  I heard the Conductor at RMAF, and have one coming now.  Very excited to have this coming...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #2,688 of 6,388
Quote:

I really enjoy the Burson sound.  I heard the Conductor at RMAF, and have one coming now.  Very excited to have this coming...

The MD really pair well with my soloist. They are a very very good sounding pair. I'm sure you'll love it! 

In other Mad Dog news, I'm finding these really show off live recordings well. Anyone have some recommendations? 

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #2,690 of 6,388
Quote:

The MD really pair well with my soloist. They are a very very good sounding pair. I'm sure you'll love it! 

In other Mad Dog news, I'm finding these really show off live recordings well. Anyone have some recommendations? 

Do you like Jazz? How about Jazz at The Pawnshop?

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #2,691 of 6,388
Quote:

Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes Live is excellent sounding.

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #2,692 of 6,388
Jan 14, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #2,693 of 6,388
How about some AC/DC LIVE!

Or

Alexisonfire Live at Birmingham Academy. 
L3000.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #2,694 of 6,388
Just wanted to say tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I've owned these. I've listened to them for most of the days I've owned them anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours, and I must say I absolutely love these. I have no desires to do any upgrades from these yet, and I probably won't for a long while. I'll also probably be selling my HD600s soon too because even though they cost more, they do not sound anywhere as good as the MDs.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #2,700 of 6,388
Yes, I've used both. The dog pads will give you a deeper fit. I don't have the Shure pads any more so can't give you an actual measurement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back