Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Sep 6, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #3,301 of 3,495
  is there an itunes replacement with media management and the possibility to sync a dap like it's possible with itunes and an ipod? i want my music library in one place and i don't want to use apps like dapper/chronisar/syncmate to send my library to an external storage. any ideas?

I use iTunes for playlist management.  I use the Export for iTunes app to export my playlist and music from iTunes to my Sony ZX2 DAP.  I works well and is very easy to use.  I have around 3,445 songs and it takes about 25 minutes to sync from my iMac to my Sony ZX2 DAP.

I could not figure out how to use Dapper.

Sep 10, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #3,302 of 3,495
For those of you who are going to update to MacOS Sierra, Audirvana Plus works, but Direct Mode needs to be switched off, as that doesn't. 

Sep 11, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #3,303 of 3,495
For those of you who are going to update to MacOS Sierra, Audirvana Plus works, but Direct Mode needs to be switched off, as that doesn't. 

Ugh - so Apple have buggered around with core audio yet again. This means that my monitor controller, which isn't class compliant, probably won't work at all until Steinberg have updated the drivers - something they seem rather slow at doing.

Sep 11, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #3,304 of 3,495
I used to use iTunes with BitPerfect and it will remain on my system but I got a 2 months trial for Roon with 3 months Tidal recently and I must say the music discovery possibilities are endless. Loving it!
I'll be updating to Sierra as soon as it's released as usual. 

Sep 30, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #3,305 of 3,495
Does anybody use Vox with a DragonFly?

I have a minor annoyance where Vox will not switch output to the DragonFly if I disconnect / reconnect it, even though my Mac's system audio does. It simply reverts to my Mac's built-in speakers, meaning I need to select the DragonFly within Vox's preferences again.

Is there any way to set priorities for Vox's output devices and have it automatically switch to the DragonFly when plugged in?

Oct 12, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #3,306 of 3,495
Any word on A+ 2.5.5 having Direct Mode enabled again... or is it no longer being offered as a feature ?
triportsad.gif

If I remember, the designer got it active on El Capitan quite fast,  just after I tried to patch over a kext from an older disc image folder of previous OSX to El Cap. But it did not work for whatever reason.

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #3,307 of 3,495
Hi,
I'm the developer of Audirvana Plus, and I'm happy to join this forum!

The change made by Apple on El Capitan 10.11.5 was quite simple and so easy to workaround.
In Sierra, Apple has decided to close the access to the lowest level of CoreAudio (the IOAudioFamily.kext kernel extension) to any application not written by Apple!
So developing a workaround for this is not an easy task at all.
Though you can replace the faulty kernel extension IOAudioFamily.kext by the one from El Capitan (10.11.6) to get back Direct Mode. But this is not a beginner task as it asks to copy it while preserving all the permissions, with SIP disabled during the operation.

Damien 

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #3,308 of 3,495
  Hi,

The change made by Apple on El Capitan 10.11.5 was quite simple and so easy to workaround.
In Sierra, Apple has decided to close the access to the lowest level of CoreAudio (the IOAudioFamily.kext kernel extension) to any application not written by Apple!
So developing a workaround for this is not an easy task at all.
Though you can replace the faulty kernel extension IOAudioFamily.kext by the one from El Capitan (10.11.6) to get back Direct Mode. But this is not a beginner task as it asks to copy it while preserving all the permissions, with SIP disabled during the operation.

Damien 

Hi Damien, thanks for all your hard work on an excellent app.

I'd just like to put the request in for repeat button on 1 track vs only repeat on full album currently.

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #3,309 of 3,495

Hi Damien, thanks for all your hard work on an excellent app.

I'd just like to put the request in for repeat button on 1 track vs only repeat on full album currently.

Sure, though let me push it for after 2.6 I'm currently completing (remains only part of the undo/redo feature to implement).

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #3,310 of 3,495

Damien 

Welcome to Head-Fi and sorry about your wallet.

I've been an enthusiastic follower of your software for years on CA, but couldn't resist providing the standard Head-Fi greeting 
L3000.gif

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #3,311 of 3,495
Not liking this new search function on A+, cannot seem to get back up to 'all albums' on latest update or previous one and it splits up same artists in the dropd-wn as you search depending on some factors I'm not sure off vs just giving me all of that artists instantly appearing in the album covers area.

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #3,312 of 3,495
Hi

Ad Audirvana+: I just received a new MacBook Pro Touch bar 15" with MacOS Sierra preinstalled. Anyone that can help me with the file IOAudioFamily.kext from OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)?
I will take backup of original file, so I can roll back if needed. Need to have max fidelity 
wink_face.gif

Best,
Tom

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #3,314 of 3,495
Anyone else having an issue browsing back up to all albums on the latest A+ 2.6.1 build ?
Before, you'd just hit the x button next to the artist/song top right of the GUI and all album covers would appear in a snap on A+....

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #3,315 of 3,495

What if you click on Library? If you have clicked on an artist name you've switched to the Browse view that show the artist albums. If you have clicked on a search result, you're in the Search view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back