Mac Game Question
Mar 21, 2006 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

The Monkey

Monkey See, Monkey DAC
A really sick dud
I have one of the new imacs. I'm a switcher, and I love it somethin' awful.

Now, I'm not much of a gamer, but I've always liked turn-based role-playing games. Are there any good ones out there for the Mac? I'm not interested in first person shooters, and not really interested in online play.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mar 21, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 8
There are games for the Mac?!
eek.gif

Just messing with you. I've used a Mac since they've existed.

I haven't played too many RPGs on the Mac, but one that really stands out is Fallout 2. It's an older title, but it holds up. It has a darker tone, being set in a post-apocalyptic world.

Baldur's Gate II is also really good and it's sort of turn based, in that you can pause the action to issue commands.

If you'd like something a little more tactical, the Heroes of Might and Magic series is very well done.

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #3 of 8
As a Mac user, I love Blizzard. They're the only ones who put out consistently for OS X with new games. Right now, World of Warcraft = crack for me.

As for turn-based RPG's... I'm afraid I have no patience for them. :/

Mar 27, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #7 of 8
heroes of might and magic. but thats more strategy than RPG i suppose. i got a HOMM3 -- not available in stores since 3DO went under. the first and second are great as well, maybe just as good, but they don't work right in OSX. maybe now that you can boot an intel mac in windows, it'll be easier.

Mar 27, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12thgear
I haven't played too many RPGs on the Mac, but one that really stands out is Fallout 2. It's an older title, but it holds up. It has a darker tone, being set in a post-apocalyptic world.

Baldur's Gate II is also really good and it's sort of turn based, in that you can pause the action to issue commands.

This man is right on the money. BG 2 is one of the best games I have ever played (and I dont really play RPGs), and Fallout 2 is also well worth the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back