M50 vsIE8
Jul 23, 2010 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

keyvanoroozi

New Head-Fier
hi everyone,i wonder which phone to buy between sennheiser IE8 for 180 euros or  audio technica m50 for 145 euros,i know about IE8's soundstage and bass,and m50 good value,so i don't know what to buy,i listen to hiphop/rnb/jazz so i'd like your advices,thanks ^^

Jul 23, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 9
maybe look into fisher dba 2

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #5 of 9
^^Considering the signatures of both the IE8 and M50 I'd stay away from the DBA 02 and you really shouldn't suggest something you haven't heard.

Also I think what you need to consider is the use of them. Will you need something that is easier to carry, not as heavy, etc. Earphones will give you much more portability than a headphone so how you use it is important as well as sound.

Jul 24, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 9
I was just saying he looks into them. I dont know his preferred sound sig, nor if he is set just betweew those two. I just know that dba is around the price of m50 and maybe worth a look for him. I no it was worth a look for me, and as a result returned my atrios for the dbas even ifs not my preferred sound sig, they seemed appealing. So I dont think recommending a quick read up on something that may be new to him is to bad.  Especially you know,... because Knowledge is power
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
no dude lol,i didn't find any lower price but why do you think i should take the m50 over the IE8,thanks

From my understanding the IE8 mids sound more veiled and the highs maybe unnatural sounding to some ears.  The M50 doesn't have any problems w/ that.  If the bass ever sounds too bloated on the M50 you just tune them w/ the tape mod and everything will be spot on for your taste.  The only thing where the IE8 appears to dominate is soundstage.  If that is a big deal then go for the IE8's.

Jul 24, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #8 of 9
IE8 no contest. M50 sounds bit hollow dry. Ie8 has larger soundstage, better definition, nicer form factor, portability, and easy to drive. And im not saying this because i own the ie8, its because i own both and in almost every aspect, the ie8 wins the m50. Exepct ear protection to dust..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back