M2Tech EVO DAC two PLUS -- very interesting new DAC / CLOCK / PSU
Aug 20, 2016 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MLGrado

500+ Head-Fier
http://www.m2tech.biz/it/evodactwoplus.html

I am looking to move up from my iFi iDSD this year... ( can't wait for the iFi Pro DAC any longer, lol.  It is supposed to on display at RMAF this year with a December to market date, but, I'm not holding my breath :wink:   )

These new products from M2Tech have me VERY interested.  

ESS DAC, DSD256 support, DXD, etc. etc......  

can run off USB power, can also accept external power via dedicated LPS PSU.  

ALSO, option for external word clock.  

So, there is room to grow!  One could start with just the DAC, running it off a cleaned up USB power supply ( like REGEN, cheaper Chi Fi LPS, etc) OR could use an LPS of your choice bypassing the need for USB power.  Of course, that LPS could be M2Tech's.  

Then one could add the external word clock.  (Which is also powered by a dedicated PSU) 

So in the end one could end up with a very nice high end DAC 'system', but could start smaller and expand as budget allows.  

This kind of expandability/ flexibility is appealing to me, assuming the end sum equals or exceeds similarly priced products.  

UNFORTUNATELY, there doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz about these M2Tech products.  At least I can't find very much.  There are some scattered mentions in various audio show reports in the usual publications, and I have seen one dedicated review via a Google search. 

Anyone else interested in these products?  Anyone had a chance to hear them?  I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on the DAC TWO PLUS.  Of course, my impressions would follow.  

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #2 of 2
Maybe some one who speaks Italian can provide a more eloquent translation, but using Google translate (and by observing the measurement graphs) one comes away impressed!  Very, very excellent measurements.  Low, low jitter, low distortion, good signal to noise ratio.  

http://www.m2tech.biz/public/pdf/M2Techn%20Evo2%20ar375mac-2.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back