1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

M1060 mod

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Dawnrazor, Jan 30, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
3 4
Next

Last
  1. DrSchnickistein
    I think it's for cosmetic purpose. Being round is just an ergonomics thing.

Dawnrazor likes this.
  2. fishda30
    I'm from Manila too. How did you get your m1060s?

3. DrSchnickistein
    Ebay >_>

and no, I'm not from manila. I live WAAAAAAY up north

4. Dawnrazor
    7C6CDAD3-B478-40D8-B5E4-7ADBC22927E2.jpeg I upgraded the cups to carbon fiber

Or maybe just put carbon fiber tape on the cups. You decide.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  5. DrSchnickistein
    I see that we're going for the CF theme. :D

Hopefully, my design will be approved for cutting soon. It's still holiday season in China...

By the way, were you able to print the rings?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Dawnrazor likes this.
  6. Dawnrazor
    Oh. No man I don't have a printer and was just curious. CF is cool

7. DrSchnickistein
    Dawnrazor likes this.
  8. Dawnrazor
    I got some other materials to mess with but am reluctant to do so. These things are sounding sooo good with the few strips of dynamat and the grills removed. Its soooo clean and effortless.

The mods helps and everything in the system is super clean and is more than the sum of the parts.

9. DrSchnickistein
    Awww... that's such a shame man!

It'd be a waste not to use these along with those nice purty carbon fiber rings!:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  10. Dawnrazor
    WOW those are super cool What are they made of? Could I use them like a lense cap to put in place when I am not listening?

Had a little time today to listen some more and man it sounds soo good.

I might have mentioned this, but when I had Maggies setup, there were 2 windows behind them and when I opened the windows it ALWAYS sounded better so its no surprise that the grills are hurting the sound. Do you think the materials in the picture would be transparent enough to not mess up the sound?

That reminds me, I was doing something to the grills to try to make them disappear. Time to revisit that project.

11. DrSchnickistein
    They're just super thin thermolam. It's pretty transparent and has minimal damping. And unsurprisingly, I printed on them via sublimation technique :wink:

Dawnrazor likes this.
  12. DrSchnickistein
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  13. Veldrid
    That CF looks good. I have been debating having a woodworking friend make some replacements cups.

14. DrSchnickistein
    Well it's kinda overkill for a material to be honest. The great thing about CF is its innate damping quality which is unparalleled for quadcopter tuning. I thought about leveraging it for headphones and the cost won't break the bank at 12 bucks a piece which is also arguably cheaper than 3D printing or CNC wood :wink:

Aside from the ring I also have other designs:
    Monolith logo: https://armattanproductions.com/pages/product_details/19360
    Nautilus: https://armattanproductions.com/pages/product_details/19359

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  15. DrSchnickistein
    Hey man. Just tested the cans with fazor + dynamat + thermolam + nautilus grille. It's pretty awesome and behaved.

First

Back
3 4
Next

Last