m-JAYS with T-Mobile G1
Nov 22, 2008 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

devin71

New Head-Fier
Well, I just got my G1. I'm loving it so far, but I need some kind of earphone solution.

I already have a pair of d-JAYS, so I think my best bet is to get the HTC m-JAYS adapter cable. Has anyone tried the m-JAYS cable with the G1? Are there any compatibly issues?

On a separate note, what does the G1 sound like? I'll probably keep my D2 for music, but use my G1 for YouTube/Video.

Nov 24, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 3
I've been surprisingly happy with the sound quality of the G1. I use the el-cheapo ebay 3.5mm adapter cables on it both in the car and with headphones. The sound is on par with most DAPs I've used. Not at the level of my H320 using lineout to an amp, but pretty much the same as the headphone jack on my wife's iPod shuffle or my Macbook.

I don't mind using it in the car over my H320, but I'm sure I'll still use both.

Nov 25, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by dan1son /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been surprisingly happy with the sound quality of the G1. I use the el-cheapo ebay 3.5mm adapter cables on it both in the car and with headphones. The sound is on par with most DAPs I've used. Not at the level of my H320 using lineout to an amp, but pretty much the same as the headphone jack on my wife's iPod shuffle or my Macbook.

I don't mind using it in the car over my H320, but I'm sure I'll still use both.

Good to hear. I considered an el-cheapo adapter, but I will probably get the m-JAYS cable instead so I can use it as a headset. Also, I'd prefer not to add more length to the already long JAYS cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back