M-Audio Transit Problems
Mar 29, 2008 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Shiki

100+ Head-Fier
I'm using a M-Audio Transit on my laptop (Toshiba M700), with a Toslink cable connected to my DAC (840C).

Whenever I move the laptop around, the sound starts crackling and popping and I have to stop whatever is playing and start it again.

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Well, apart from keeping the laptop stationary - it's a tablet so I would like to write on it while listening to music.

Thanks!

Mar 29, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 5
hm.. the crackling is similar to white noise/static right?

I've had problems with that when I tried to upsample through foobar...
Usually I just leave it at default 16bit/44.1 kHz. And sometimes going to task manager (ctrl alt del) and setting the priority for foobar a bit higher helps reduce the occurence (reduce, not eliminate for my experience).

Maybe you could try that...I'm not sure if it's related to your issues. Since different things caused the problem for me, but it seems like the same result problemwise.

Mar 30, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 5
Do you get the same problems using the headphone out?

Apr 8, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #4 of 5
Yes, I was getting the same problem with the headphone out as well as when playing DVDs through Media Player Classic.

I'm not sure what I did but the problem seems to have gone away. I did play with some of the settings in the M-Audio control panel.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back