1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

M-Audio Fast Track USB

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by destroysall, Oct 7, 2011.
  1. Destroysall Contributor
    Hello all!

I have a question in the above mentioned USB audio interface.

Look at these two websites:

http://www.crmav.com/recording/75/maudio_fast_track_usb_audio_interface.shtml

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/m-audio-fast-track-usb-computer-recording-interface

Both of them says the headphone impedance is from 32 ohms to 600 ohms.  Now I own this interface and I use it to power my Sennheiser HD 280 Pros.  Now if I were to upgrade to the HD 600, would this mean I'm good to go?  I mean, could I use it with my interface, then upgrade to an amp later on down the line if needed?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

2. Destroysall Contributor
    bump.

3. Yoga Flame

Quote:

Yup. Sounds like a good plan.

4. Acix
    If you're using a Mac, better to go with the Apogee Duet.

5. Yoga Flame
    Indeed. Though I've not used either myself, I have no trouble agreeing that the Duet if superior to the Fast Track. My comment was not meant as an approval of his M-Audio unit, but only to say that the HD600 should work just fine on it. And upgrading to better amping will provide further refinements down the line. To me that's a good plan because the headphones make the most difference out of all the playback equipment.

6. Destroysall Contributor
    Thank you everybody for all the replies!!  It's great to know that I shouldn't have to worry about it for now.

Quote:

Not at the moment, no.  However, I should be using both a Mac and Duet as soon as 2012 rolls in.  :)