M-Audio Audiophilie USB & ASIO
Apr 13, 2004 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Jasper994

Organizer for Can Jam '09
According the M-Audio, the Audiophile USB is supposed to be able to support 24bit/96khz ASIO. Unfortunately I'm unable to get it to work in Foobar2000. Can anyone help?

I'm able to use Kernel Streaming semi-successfully (everytime messenger gives me a pop up the sound goes all screwy and I have to restart the song. I can use Waveout or Directsound without any problems but I I would really like to make use of the ASIO support.

When I do set it up to run ASIO the song appears to try to start and doesn't give an error but doesn't actually do anything. I've tried setting the bit depth to 32bit and 24bit padded to 32bit but I get an error when I do that. I've also tried changing the channel settings in the ASIO config page of Foobar but that didn't work either.

-EDIT-

ASIO does work when the card is set to 16bit/44.1khz

Apr 13, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #2 of 28
First of all, go to the sounds and multimedia control panel, and make sure the APUSB is NOT the perferred playback device, and check use only preferred playback devices, this should get rid of that problem you have with kernel streaming.

For ASIO, you are sure you have the right version and whatnot, and that the right device is selected? If that is the case, try playing a song at 24padded to 32 and 96K, and tell me what the error message is that pops up in the console.

Apr 13, 2004 at 4:01 AM Post #3 of 28
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : open : 96000 Hz, LINEAR PCM, 32 bits, 2 channels
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : ASIO device type [channel 0] : Int24LSB
INFO (foo_output_asio(dll)) : ASIO device type [channel 1] : Int24LSB
ERROR (foo_output_asio(dll)) : unsupported output data format.

Above is the error I get when I try to run 24bit padded.

I'm afraid this is one of those cases where I want make cake and would like to eat it too... I would like to hear the windows sounds and would rather leave it set so that it is the default since I use the card for some gaming.

Apr 13, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #7 of 28
There are... you have to configure the card to only use one stereo output before it'll run 96kHz... but that's set to analog out I have run everything else waveout and directsound in 24/96 without issues.

Apr 13, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #9 of 28
Well, I faced the similar problem with Foobar and M-Audio Transit a while ago. I've tried several output data format but received similar error messages.

Is the Resampler(SSRC) among Active DSPs???

A solution that works for me:

1. In the Transit Control Panel, the operating Mode is set to "0 in, 2 out, 24-bit, 88200 Hz to 96000 Hz"
2. In Foobar, I set the Output data format to 24bit fixed-point and at the resampler to 88200 Hz or to 9600 Hz (requires very high latency).

Setting the Output data format to a padded-point didn't work, Transit requires fixed-point.

Since Transit and Audiophile USB are from the same company, it might work.
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Permonic
Well, I faced the similar problem with Foobar and M-Audio Transit a while ago. I've tried several output data format but received similar error messages.

Is the Resampler(SSRC) among Active DSPs???

A solution that works for me:

1. In the Transit Control Panel, the operating Mode is set to "0 in, 2 out, 24-bit, 88200 Hz to 96000 Hz"
2. In Foobar, I set the Output data format to 24bit fixed-point and at the resampler to 88200 Hz or to 9600 Hz (requires very high latency).

Setting the Output data format to a padded-point didn't work, Transit requires fixed-point.

Since Transit and Audiophile USB are from the same company, it might work.
wink.gif

My issue isn't getting the card to support 24/96, I've had that working since day 1. The problem is that I cannot get ASIO to work at 24/96.

Apr 13, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #14 of 28
Try this,

set output to 24bit.

in ASIO panel shift the output by +2 and if that doesn't work another +2 so 0, 2, 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back