M-Audio Audiophile USB... WOW :)
Oct 31, 2008 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

smuh

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I just want to share my joy... I just received my my M-Audiophile USB and to my ears it is one of the best sounding DAC/AMP combos below 300$ or even more.
I have owned about 15 amps, a few dacs, higher end CDP's etc, but it was a long time ago I felt so happy with a "setup". I spend around 130 USD including shipping for the Audiophile USB and think its worth every cent. I thought it would be maybe close to my Echo Audio DJ, but not better... but to me it sounds a lot better then the Indigo DJ.

One thing I am not able to notice is and thats something some may dislike is the fact that you are easily able to notice bad quality recordings.

I bought this card to hook it up to my soon to arrive 336SE, but I feel it would be a waste to not use its internal amp.

Btw. no questions no nothing, just wanted to share my join
biggrin.gif

Andre

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I am not able to notice is and thats something some may dislike is the fact that you are easily able to notice bad quality recordings.

This is pretty much inevitable I'm afraid. Congrats on your purchase!

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 6
I like M-audio too, as I like cold sources..... (and amps..) I had the M-Audio Firewire Audiophile, and I enjoyed it for its SQ and convenience (multiple I/O, monitoring headphone...)

Nov 1, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 6
I had an M-Audio Audiophile USB for a while... eventually sold it due to driver issues...

I remember the headphone output was pretty decent with punchy bass

Nov 1, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #5 of 6
I did not bother installing the drivers and apps that came with the card, just downloaded the drivers from the m-audio website and set it up in Foobar200. Enjoyed it for around four hours without any problems.

But bad drivers or ongoing driver issues would also be a reason for me to sell the card or actually any piece of hardware. In fact, if there would be any dedicated source that would come close to the comfort and speed of a computer-as-source setup, than I would take the step and would move... oh, forgot to mention it should cost me less then a 1000 USD
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 6
I have been using one since early 2006 to feed my Lavry DA10. Does a great job for what I want it to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back