m-100 vs sennheiser 598 or 650
Aug 22, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 8
What kinds of music do you listen to?

Where will you be using these headphones? In quite environments exclusively, or on the go with lots of outside noise that would be had outside the house?

I have HD600s and they are very comfortable. However both the sennheisers you listed are open back which means they would be extremely bad on the go, they would leak lots of music out and a lot of outside noise would come in.  The 598 would be better at not leaking but the Vmodas are closed back and are easily the best listed for mobile use.  

The 650s really do need an amp to shine to their full potential, I wouldn't recommend them unless you have a dedicated amp, they are also very bassy, the 598 is also warm but not nearly as much and it doesn't need an amp to sound great.  

I have no experience with the V modas but I know they are great and since you don't have an amp the Vmodas and 598s are your two best options (from what you listed) 

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #3 of 8
I listen to all kinds of music and I listen to them at home (where it is best enjoyed)

I have the ath m50, bose qc 15, beats pro, and new m100
fiio e7, mont blanc, and schiit valhala

im thinking about the sensheisser next so im curious about much difference between them and m100 (since it is my current fav headphones) 

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 8
Hello!

Driving any of those headphone shouldn't be a problem for you but the sound signature!

The headphones you currently have are more aggressive sounding than the HD598 and HD650! The headphones you mentioned are also more bassy. The Sennheiser are great if you wanted something completely different from your collection!

While the HD598 and HD650 sound similar, the HD6x0 have better timbre, more transparent, wider soundstage! Since your amp can drive it, I would say, go for the HD6x0!

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Aug 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #7 of 8
Not sure if the above people have owned/extensively tried the headphones, but the 598 and 6x0 line do not sound very similar. 598 has a unique presentation in the Sennheiser line and I know several people who have purchased/played with all 3 headphones and prefer it to both the 6x0s (myself included). Hopefully you get a chance to try both before the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back