LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Aug 26, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #1,636 of 1,793
Gold. Monitor switch, although I really liked the Pop switch(still gold nozzles)!
Gold monitor is great. Black monitor is great for a little bit of spice up top. Red pop is great for guilty pleasure.

Aug 26, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #1,637 of 1,793
Bought one for 219$ from Nicehck on november 11/11.
Now it is nonsense buy lz for 200$+ when geek wold exist. And yes, geek are better than MB2, LZ, and some IMR iem. Funny to read from someone when geek is trash, but completely inaudible lz a6 with torture sibilants is good iem.

It's so good that I choose according to reviews on Ali, and not according to reviews of the reviewers. And an interesting note: regular users love geek, while all reviewers are not (didn't pay or destruction of the audiophile world).

Attachments

• photo_2021-08-26_21-02-14.jpg
    photo_2021-08-26_21-02-14.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_2021-08-26_21-03-11.jpg
    photo_2021-08-26_21-03-11.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_2021-08-26_21-02-46.jpg
    photo_2021-08-26_21-02-46.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #1,638 of 1,793
geek are better than MB2, LZ, and some IMR iem

regular users love geek, while all reviewers are not
I'm not a reviewer but still don't like the GK10 much - it's not as bad as some people talking (at least my example), but definitely not that good IMO.
You can consider yourself lucky if you found stuff that fits your needs for such small amount of money.
At the and of the day all the matter is taste.

Aug 26, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #1,639 of 1,793
Bought one for 219$ from Nicehck on november 11/11.
Now it is nonsense buy lz for 200$+ when geek wold exist. And yes, geek are better than MB2, LZ, and some IMR iem. Funny to read from someone when geek is trash, but completely inaudible lz a6 with torture sibilants is good iem.

It's so good that I choose according to reviews on Ali, and not according to reviews of the reviewers. And an interesting note: regular users love geek, while all reviewers are not (didn't pay or destruction of the audiophile world).
I don't know anything about the IEMs you mentioned except LZ A7. I heard the A6 is an "acquired taste"; the A7 is easy to listen to (depending on your filter choices).

Yes, your personal opinion is what really matters.

Aug 27, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #1,640 of 1,793
I can't bear with LZ A6 treble peak either, but after using some foam mod on them, they have become one of the best treble extension I have heard on an IEM. I just feel that the treble energy of those piezos are very raw and intense.

Aug 28, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #1,643 of 1,793
Some great sound upgrades today. First, my pair of Final Type E in size LL arrived. For my ear the bass really picked up compared with the L size. Makes the LZ sound great with the black monitor configuration.

Then as a bonus there was a nice firmware update for the HiBy R5 and while I was at it I updated Amazon Music HD.

The R5 is running more smoothly and the LZ A7 has never sounded better.

Aug 28, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #1,644 of 1,793
Been messing with this IEM and the AK Kann Alpha I also recently bought on here! With the I’ve found that with my ears and not being able to hear really high pitch sounds and my love for R&B Jazz music, The gold tips and switch on monitor is my preference paired with the Alpha Kann. I like all the sounds this IEM produces but I feel it’s missing something… though for now will probably be my grab and go pair.

Aug 30, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #1,646 of 1,793
So I received my Oracle (2 months later than expected…!). Letting them burn in and then will post thoughts on the L7 vs Oracle comparison.
Very interested as I am growing to think more and more that the Oracle is my endgame.

Aug 31, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #1,647 of 1,793
Very interested as I am growing to think more and more that the Oracle is my endgame.
Sorry I have been delayed, but life’s gotten a little in the way. Will try to find some time tomorrow to run through a comparison and write my thoughts down :)

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #1,648 of 1,793
Sorry I have been delayed, but life’s gotten a little in the way. Will try to find some time tomorrow to run through a comparison and write my thoughts down :)
[Edit: to avoid confusion I am changing the moniker L7 - my shorthand for LZ A7 - to the more correct A7 :) ]

OK, a few thoughts on the requested A7 vs Oracle impressions.

source: HiBy R6 Pro
Single ended output
Tidal, MQA
A7 - monitor setting, black nozzles and yellow nozzles, Sednaearfit Xelastic eartips, stock cable
Oracle - Sednaearfit short eartips, stock cable

observations:
1. A7 is much easier to drive. While it is impossible for me to volume match by ear, roughly the Oracle takes volume 45 to achieve what the L7 does at volume 29
2. A7 is much warmer
3. A7 bass hits harder, but it is, well, a little flabby compared to the Oracle
4. Oracle has clearer sound, but that also means a thinner sound
5. Oracle vocals are much cleaner and forward
6. Oracle treble is much more extended, it doesn’t have nasty peaks that I could pick up on, though some tracks did come close to sibilance, but expertly the Oracle went to the edge and then backed off
7. Oracle bass, while not as hard hitting as the A7, is tighter (for example drum strikes just sound more defined); Actually, Oracle bass may only sound as though it doesn’t hit as hard because it is tighter

If I could only keep one, I think it would be the Oracle for its cleaner, less muddy sound. But… The A7’s warmth is a very “comfortable” sound, and I don’t see that I will be parting with it any time soon.

Keep in mind that if you really like the A7 sound signature you may not like the Oracle (brighter and thinner sound), or at least you will have to retrain your ears. Once you do, the A7 may sound darker and more muddy…. All that to say the most important part of the audio chain is the brain between the ears…

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #1,649 of 1,793
[Edit: to avoid confusion I am changing the moniker L7 - my shorthand for LZ A7 - to the more correct A7 :) ]

OK, a few thoughts on the requested A7 vs Oracle impressions.

source: HiBy R6 Pro
Single ended output
Tidal, MQA
A7 - monitor setting, black nozzles and yellow nozzles, Sednaearfit Xelastic eartips, stock cable
Oracle - Sednaearfit short eartips, stock cable

observations:
1. A7 is much easier to drive. While it is impossible for me to volume match by ear, roughly the Oracle takes volume 45 to achieve what the L7 does at volume 29
2. A7 is much warmer
3. A7 bass hits harder, but it is, well, a little flabby compared to the Oracle
4. Oracle has clearer sound, but that also means a thinner sound
5. Oracle vocals are much cleaner and forward
6. Oracle treble is much more extended, it doesn’t have nasty peaks that I could pick up on, though some tracks did come close to sibilance, but expertly the Oracle went to the edge and then backed off
7. Oracle bass, while not as hard hitting as the A7, is tighter (for example drum strikes just sound more defined); Actually, Oracle bass may only sound as though it doesn’t hit as hard because it is tighter

If I could only keep one, I think it would be the Oracle for its cleaner, less muddy sound. But… The A7’s warmth is a very “comfortable” sound, and I don’t see that I will be parting with it any time soon.

Keep in mind that if you really like the A7 sound signature you may not like the Oracle (brighter and thinner sound), or at least you will have to retrain your ears. Once you do, the A7 may sound darker and more muddy…. All that to say the most important part of the audio chain is the brain between the ears…
That was a perfect analysis! I really wanted to know if the sound of the oracle was thiner or thicker, as I consider the A7 a fantastic iem when it comes to the mids! The guitars may sound falsely "thick", but I just love it!
I do have the feeling that A7 is "muddy" sometimes, but the subbass and the thicker mids more tha make up for its down falls! (gold - monitor)

So, maybe... I dodged a bullet! Thanks for the comparison!

Sep 2, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #1,650 of 1,793
That was a perfect analysis! I really wanted to know if the sound of the oracle was thiner or thicker, as I consider the A7 a fantastic iem when it comes to the mids! The guitars may sound falsely "thick", but I just love it!
I do have the feeling that A7 is "muddy" sometimes, but the subbass and the thicker mids more tha make up for its down falls! (gold - monitor)

So, maybe... I dodged a bullet! Thanks for the comparison!
Indeed, if you really like the A7 you might not enjoy the Oracle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back