LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Apr 26, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #1,531 of 1,793
OMG thanks chinmie, I put A7 with high gain as like other IEM. I did not realize A7 is very sensitive IEMs.
Thanks I put it on low gain, and all the distortions are gone, now this is much better than Believe or any other IEMs that I have, even better with BTR5.

Thanks a lot chinmie :)

glad to help :grin::thumbsup: , i was suspecting as such, as i also use the BTR5 when reviewing the A7 and don't like it on high gain. with the clean sounding nature of the A7, putting it in high gain would make the added distortion quite audible.

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #1,532 of 1,793
OMG thanks chinmie, I put A7 with high gain as like other IEM. I did not realize A7 is very sensitive IEMs.
Thanks I put it on low gain, and all the distortions are gone, now this is much better than Believe or any other IEMs that I have, even better with BTR5.

Thanks a lot chinmie :)

Ya not every IEM benefits from more power. Planars in generally do need power though, and sometimes single DDs scale better when amped.

But for some multi driver low impedance/high sensitivity types, too much power may even skew the FR and add distortions too.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #1,533 of 1,793
I agreed with you wholeheartedly... I just wish I did not get KBear Believe prior; I am pretty sure that I will appreciate LZ A7 more...

After a lot of tinkering, I am sticking with black nozzle monitor mode, the original setting from the beginning.

Certain filters do work wonders for certain music genres, so LZ A7 is not for a casual listening, but more tuned for specific genres for each specific filter.

Silver and Blue filters: they work wonders for symphony and instrumental.

Gold filter: for easy listening without being technical and having fun feature.

Red filter: only for treble sensitive person, A7 treble tends to be in the hot side even though less than KZ ZAX that tends to be sibilance.

Black filter: pretty much balanced sound output from all of the filters, having the best resolution even though resolution was below KBear Believe with good amplification (200mW). I also purchased 2.5mm balanced cable for A7. A7 does not benefit for more amping. Will return the 2.5mm balanced cable prolly.

Pop and monitor tuning, just affect the vocals, whether you want the vocal to be more present or not, monitor setting making it more balanced vs pop setting making it more fun, turning the IEM into V-shaped.

I guess I am keeping this for now.
The fun of this unit is that it can be tuned. There is no single best tuning, it is just what you are in the mood for with your choice of music and DAP. I have recently moved from almost always using black and monitor to using either gold monitor or a modified (non standard LZ) filter. Black - monitor is highly detailed but sometimes smoothing out the detail has its place also.

May 12, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #1,534 of 1,793
I've been enjoying my A7 for some weeks now and I'm currently listening to some old funk with Final E tips and Topping L30 (-9dB and volume at 9 o' clock) and D10s combo.
Punchy, detailed and very fun sounding. I've tinkered a bit with the filters some time ago, but black + monitor is A OK for me.
Can't really fault them for anything sound-wise.
If I were to only keep one pair of IEM, the A7 would be the one (over Dunu SA6, JVC HA-FDX1, PMV PP and Tin P1), but diversity is fun. The cable is mediocre thought (changed to a NiceHK 4 wire copper cable).
Haven't noticed anything weird with my BTR5 on high gain (haven't tried low). The A7 are indeed very sensitive.

May 12, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #1,535 of 1,793
I've been enjoying my A7 for some weeks now and I'm currently listening to some old funk with Final E tips and Topping L30 (-9dB and volume at 9 o' clock) and D10s combo.
Punchy, detailed and very fun sounding. I've tinkered a bit with the filters some time ago, but black + monitor is A OK for me.
Can't really fault them for anything sound-wise.
If I were to only keep one pair of IEM, the A7 would be the one (over Dunu SA6, JVC HA-FDX1, PMV PP and Tin P1), but diversity is fun. The cable is mediocre thought (changed to a NiceHK 4 wire copper cable).
Haven't noticed anything weird with my BTR5 on high gain (haven't tried low). The A7 are indeed very sensitive.
Me too. Black monitor, NiceHCK four core 4.4mm copper cable too. Spiral Dot tips. HiBy R5. My favorite sound too.

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #1,540 of 1,793
Could you please advice what size of foam tips to get for LZ A7? Assume that tips neeeds to fit diameter of the monitors. Many thanks!
I used CP100

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #1,541 of 1,793
Jun 18, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #1,544 of 1,793
How does the LZ A7 compare to the Blessing 2?
A7 is a lot better lol. The B2 has a very unnatural BA timbre across the range, with a bass that sounds more like a BA with some DD texture than a regular DD.

Jun 18, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #1,545 of 1,793
What is the brand model of the included shiny tips? They are really soft ones
20210619_110346.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back