LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Nov 20, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #916 of 1,793
Well I never expected to have these LZ A7s, but here they are, and I'm listening to Sandy Denny 'Banks of the Nile' using the gold filter.
So I'd ordered the Shuoer Tape Pro from Linsoul. Unbeknown to me if the order No ended with an eight the next order would have a 30% discount. When this became apparent I checked with Linsoul and true to their word they gave me a 30% discount. $199.50. So here I am with these beautiful IEMs. No doubt I'm spoiled. For a month I've been familiarising with the wonderful TRi Starsea and now these amazing LZ A7s. They are good..full stop good. Next to arrive will be the KBear Believe. I doubt if they can beat these A7s. To put a DD with BAs and Piezo's and keep the timbre is great tuning and great engineering. Great spatials as well....resulting in my great enjoyment. Thanks everybody for making it clear that the A7 was the way to go.
Listening with KBear Rhyme cable 4.4mm and L Spiral Dots.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #917 of 1,793
Well I never expected to have these LZ A7s, but here they are, and I'm listening to Sandy Denny 'Banks of the Nile' using the gold filter.
So I'd ordered the Shuoer Tape Pro from Linsoul. Unbeknown to me if the order No ended with an eight the next order would have a 30% discount. When this became apparent I checked with Linsoul and true to their word they gave me a 30% discount. $199.50. So here I am with these beautiful IEMs. No doubt I'm spoiled. For a month I've been familiarising with the wonderful TRi Starsea and now these amazing LZ A7s. They are good..full stop good. Next to arrive will be the KBear Believe. I doubt if they can beat these A7s. To put a DD with BAs and Piezo's and keep the timbre is great tuning and great engineering. Great spatials as well....resulting in my great enjoyment. Thanks everybody for making it clear that the A7 was the way to go.
Listening with KBear Rhyme cable 4.4mm and L Spiral Dots.
Welcome to the club of happy Head-fiers! I’m still daily impressed by them. No hype here, just honest, sincere excitement about one of the best IEMs this year (at least in it’s price range).

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #918 of 1,793
Welcome to the club of happy Head-fiers! I’m still daily impressed by them. No hype here, just honest, sincere excitement about one of the best IEMs this year.
Well this is straight out the box without having had any burn-in, brain or otherwise, so I reckon by next week they will be better. My last run in with piezo drivers was on the A6 mini...wow on the A7 they have done some magic for sure with these piezo drivers.

Nov 20, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #919 of 1,793
Welcome to the club of happy Head-fiers! I’m still daily impressed by them. No hype here, just honest, sincere excitement about one of the best IEMs this year.
IEMusic, I just saw your list of iems and, my God! Some of them I really want!
Can you do a quick comparison between the LZ A7, the Mest Melody and the NM2+?

Nov 20, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #920 of 1,793
Hey guys,

I'm very interested in the A7 because of its separation and wide stage.
But I have the fear that even in pop mode with red filters the bass is too weak and the treble too sharp.

I have the ISN H40 and Penon Orb and I like both of them especially because of their bass (sub-bass with the Orb and the super-fun-tuning with the H40).
I also ordered the FiiO FH3.

What would you say, are the A7 something for a semi-basshead?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #921 of 1,793
Hey guys,

But I have the fear that even in pop mode with red filters the bass is too weak and the treble too sharp.

I have the ISN H40 and Penon Orb and I like both of them especially because of there bass (sub-bass with the Orb and the super-fun-tuning with the H40).

Yes, you will be satisfied

Nov 20, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #922 of 1,793
Hey guys,

I have the ISN H40 and Penon Orb and I like both of them especially because of there bass (sub-bass with the Orb and the super-fun-tuning with the H40).

I owned the Orb and find the A7 with red fiter and Pop mode to sound very lifelike with an expansive soundstage. The bass quality and quantity of the A7 yields nothing to the Orb IMO. The highs are, to my ears, just right. Not too bright nor too light. I have a binaural recording of a live thunderstom and it is scary-realistic. Besides the thunder realism, the rain seems like I should be getting wet! Overall, a most satisfying purchase!

Nov 20, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #924 of 1,793
IEMusic, I just saw your list of iems and, my God! Some of them I really want!
Can you do a quick comparison between the LZ A7, the Mest Melody and the NM2+?
I’m not ignoring your question. Will need to get back to you with an answer. Any particular aspects that you would like compared?

Nov 20, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #925 of 1,793
Thanks for your impressions. Some reviews say they may be too bright for somebody. Is that also the case with the red filters?

I don't need more treble than the H40 and I'm sensitive to harshness and fatiguing highs.
The treble is very adjustable. I find the gold filters slightly dark, so I wouldn’t worry about too much treble.

Nov 20, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #926 of 1,793
Thanks for your impressions. Some reviews say they may be too bright for somebody. Is that also the case with the red filters?

I don't need more treble than the H40 and I'm sensitive to harshness and fatiguing highs.
You can adjust the amount of treble with the different filters, the red filter is the one that reduces treble the most and I have no problems with it at all.

Nov 20, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #927 of 1,793
I’m not ignoring your question. Will need to get back to you with an answer. Any particular aspects that you would like compared?
I guess... my interest is specially sub-bass (specially impact), high mids and mids! But just an overall opinion would be fantastic too!
Something like "is there a giant leap from lz a7 to the melody?" and "is it worth getting an NM2+ as a companion to the a7?"

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #928 of 1,793
You can adjust the amount of treble with the different filters, the red filter is the one that reduces treble the most and I have no problems with it at all.
Interesting. For me, I currently find the gold the darkest. It certainly has more upper midrange than red, particularly between 2-4KHz, but the treble, and especially upper treble air is diminished. I thought it was linear, with upper mids and treble Silver>Blue>Black>Gold>Red, but it seems that is more the order of upper mids, while the treble is more variable, especially relative to the mids. Right now, I like Black monitor and Red pop the best. Red monitor can be really fun, but it is very thick sounding. The mid-lower midrange with Red pop is ridiculously revealing of details, which is unique IMO. Usually detail is revealed in the upper mids or treble.

Nov 20, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #929 of 1,793
Interesting. For me, I currently find the gold the darkest. It certainly has more upper midrange than red, particularly between 2-4KHz, but the treble, and especially upper treble air is diminished. I thought it was linear, with upper mids and treble Silver>Blue>Black>Gold>Red, but it seems that is more the order of upper mids, while the treble is more variable, especially relative to the mids. Right now, I like Black monitor and Red pop the best. Red monitor can be really fun, but it is very thick sounding. The mid-lower midrange with Red pop is ridiculously revealing of details, which is unique IMO. Usually detail is revealed in the upper mids or treble.
1605915348767.png

Its probably because I am less sensitive than you in that 8k area.

Nov 20, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #930 of 1,793
@magisterarus I just checked, Linsoul will have a LZ A7 deal during the coming Black Friday event so probably it is worth to wait awhile.
They said they will release the detail next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back