LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
May 10, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #301 of 687
Exactly.

I actually only use it with the red bass filter..... Dark and intimate. From a personal perspective it's the most enjoyable iem in my collection.... which makes me want the A6 as discussed above!
I use mine with blue filter and white with green sony epex10(?) tips. The tips tame rhe treble. I do this cause the best sounding setup makes them cut out really fast..this one does not, not even shortly after showering. Sound wise i prefer black with wide hole tips tho

Last edited:
May 10, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #302 of 687
I use mine with blue filter and white with green sony epex10(?) tips. The tips tame rhe treble. I do this cause the best sounding setup makes them cut out really fast..this one does not, not even shortly after showering
Then you can remove the tape from your consideration. I cannot use the blue since it is too sibilant for me but the tape is warmer. Your only option might be the A6.

May 10, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #304 of 687
Like i said, i only use blue because the tips that prevent the minis from cutting out reduce treble and increase bass, so putting them with black sounds very bassy.
OK, the most likely upgrade would definitely be the a6 though. The tape is still a very nice iem but leans towards warmth and you seem to like the brighter signature more so the a6 will definitely satisfy you.

May 10, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #305 of 687
Thing is, with all of the moisture problems I have had I would never buy the A6 because it is identical.....such a shame.

May 10, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #306 of 687
Thing is, with all of the moisture problems I have had I would never buy the A6 because it is identical.....such a shame.
In that case the shuoer tape might be a bad one too. Since I suspect that the QC problems people had with it is due to moisture (same as symptoms as the a6/mini)

May 10, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #307 of 687
In that case the shuoer tape might be a bad one too. Since I suspect that the QC problems people had with it is due to moisture (same as symptoms as the a6/mini)
I'm looking forward to getting a planar iem sometime....been close to getting both P1 or BL1 at different times but have decided to wait since both are mmxc and have other issues as well.

May 11, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #308 of 687
An upgrade thats not the a6? The a6 is just a little more detailed right? Any build improvements or nah?
Any idea how the a6's compare to the tin t4? The a6 mini made me find out i love treble sparkle and detail and how amazing it is for gaming..

Imo the A6 is a solid upgrade in every aspect. The fact that it has a lot more tuning options does also make it more likely to suit more people better when it comes to sound.

May 11, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #309 of 687
Imo the A6 is a solid upgrade in every aspect. The fact that it has a lot more tuning options does also make it more likely to suit more people better when it comes to sound.
Hmm..I'll put it down as a potential later upgrade i guess :p Would tin t4 or fiio fa1 be alright side grades though? If I still want a detailed, clear and bright sound, but slightly different? Or nah?

May 11, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #310 of 687
I'm looking forward to getting a planar iem sometime....been close to getting both P1 or BL1 at different times but have decided to wait since both are mmxc and have other issues as well.
Wait for the Tin Hifi P2 at least. No idea what they will change but hopefully it will have a better fit and better bass quantity.

May 11, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #311 of 687
Wait for the Tin Hifi P2 at least. No idea what they will change but hopefully it will have a better fit and better bass quantity.
Exactly.... However I haven't heard any rumours of it yet, but surely it must be on its way soonish.

May 11, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #312 of 687
May 11, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #313 of 687
May 11, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #314 of 687
Hmm..I'll put it down as a potential later upgrade i guess :p Would tin t4 or fiio fa1 be alright side grades though? If I still want a detailed, clear and bright sound, but slightly different? Or nah?

I'm sorry but I've never heard any of them. Imo the Tri I3 would be an upgrade, not as massive as the A6 but still an upgrade. It's also safer in terms of the moisture issue and has a more forgiving signature.

May 12, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #315 of 687
My pair of the A6 arrived today and I've been testing them a little, but immediately I have to ask for advice about good tips for them. None of the tips they come with stay in my ear. The seal is there, barely, but they slide out very easily. I will have to replace the cable, too.

But I must say I am not happy with the QC on my unit. The glossy surface of the right shell has ugly blemishes on it when observed at an angle and light reflects off it. Secondly, there is something off about the right shell's workmanship because it creaks when pressed against the ear, even very lightly - any sort of pressure. I think it happens at the connection between the nozzle and the shell: thread, flange, gasket, no idea, but I think it happens there. Has anyone else observed this, too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back