LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Mar 25, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #256 of 686
Ok.

Just out of interest, from which AliExpress store did you order them and how long was the shipping? Thanks.

Planning to order mine when the sale starts in a couple of days. I don't listen to metal so I'm hoping your particular issues are particular to that genre of music.
From niceHCK. Shipping was fast considering the circumstances (3/4 days if i disregard the weekend)
They sound incredible for most genres. Even most metal. Just powermetal specifically seems to be tough. But imo a lot of headphones struggle with powermetal. Only denon ah mm 400 and nad hp50 have satisfied me here. Like with anything in this hobby tho, this is most likely something your mileage may vary with. Maybe i just enjoy my powermetal most with a very specific sig.

Apr 5, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #257 of 686
you guys that also have the A6, what do you expect from possibly the A7? You want a refinement of the A6 (aka the same sound profile) or maybe you want them to change sound profile to say something warmer? In my case if they are trying to improve the A6 sound, I really cant imagine how lol. Also wonder what driver setup they will use, maybe electrostats instead of piezo?

@peter123 @1clearhead

especially Peter123 since you have a lot of LZ iems, are all of the sequels 100% upgrades to the predeccesor? like is the A5 better in everyway to the A5? How likely is it that the A7 is gonna be better than the A6? (if you compare how their track record is)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #258 of 686
So in about 3 weeks of use, the right side of my a6 mini has become significantly less loud than the left side, and more flat sounding..it also doesnt pop the same way when i insert it and it seals..I think one of the speaker units broke? anyone familiar with this? Why does my crap always break ahahahaha

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #263 of 686
So I tested them again after letting them dry for a bit..and i think it's fixed? Anyone know if this can be like prevented?
If it is moisture causing it, maybe you have the wet wax type? If so maybe cleaning the ears will prevent it from affecting the filters. Or maybe you live in a place with a lot of moisture in the air?

Apr 9, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #265 of 686
Apr 9, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #267 of 686
Good to know lol, is this kind of problem unique to the lz a6 mini or do other IEM's also have it? Would the cotton filter mod perhaps help a little?
Have no idea since I haven't experienced anything like it. Sorry, I would try to use them in a lesser moist environment (whether it is your ears or the surrounding air) and try to see if it rally is moisture that is causing the problem.

Apr 10, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #269 of 686
How tight do you guys screw on your filters? Until the ring compresses and squishes outwards? Or very gently until you need to apply force?
"gently until you need to apply force"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back