LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Jan 1, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #166 of 686
I can confirm that the CNT-1 gold tips work on the A6 Mini. (Others have tested this, they're all from the same company).

The gold tips make the A6 Mini more interesting for me, although I can't explain why.

I find the black tips a little boring, although competent. They have a pretty full sound, and catch details.

The A6 Mini is clearly very tip and filter dependent. The red filters are more to my tastes, although they lose detail. I always prefer warm and bassy to cool and neutral, so the red tips are the right direction, just too extreme.

This also helps explain why I continue to like the CNT-1. The midrange is warm, and it is of course extremely bassy. The A6 Mini has more detail and sharpness, but I'm not always looking for a reference tuning.

--------------

With regard to tips, the Spinfit CP100L fits almost as well as the Final Audio E. Since the CP100 are more easily removed / seated, I am using those right now. Given how many times I've changed tips, ease of access is more important than 100% sound.

Does anyone know where to get Final Audio E tips in all-one-size? I find that only the L fits me.

Jan 2, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #167 of 686
I can confirm that the CNT-1 gold tips work on the A6 Mini. (Others have tested this, they're all from the same company).

The gold tips make the A6 Mini more interesting for me, although I can't explain why.

I find the black tips a little boring, although competent. They have a pretty full sound, and catch details.

The A6 Mini is clearly very tip and filter dependent. The red filters are more to my tastes, although they lose detail. I always prefer warm and bassy to cool and neutral, so the red tips are the right direction, just too extreme.

This also helps explain why I continue to like the CNT-1. The midrange is warm, and it is of course extremely bassy. The A6 Mini has more detail and sharpness, but I'm not always looking for a reference tuning.

--------------

With regard to tips, the Spinfit CP100L fits almost as well as the Final Audio E. Since the CP100 are more easily removed / seated, I am using those right now. Given how many times I've changed tips, ease of access is more important than 100% sound.

Does anyone know where to get Final Audio E tips in all-one-size? I find that only the L fits me.

I ordered mine on Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HWS6GFZ/

They are growing on me, although I find KZ starline tips to be working pretty well with better slam than Final E Tips.

Jan 2, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #168 of 686
I just received my LZ A6 the other day...and all I can say is that while the A6mini just dances and prances all over the $150 US dollar realm, my current toy, the A6 "out-guns" the "$300 plus" range with outstanding resolution and clarity from that perfect sounding piezo drivers all the way down to the lowest and most detailed lower sub-bass I've ever experienced from any of my current listings.
Later, I will post my PIC's and impression on the mighty A6 and some of my current heavy weights to the battle royal! :punch::smiley:

-Clear :muscle::sunglasses:

Jan 2, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #169 of 686
I just received my LZ A6 the other day...and all I can say is that while the A6mini just dances and prances all over the $150 US dollar realm, my current toy, the A6 "out-guns" the "$300 plus" range with outstanding resolution and clarity from that perfect sounding piezo drivers all the way down to the lowest and most detailed lower sub-bass I've ever experienced from any of my current listings.
Later, I will post my PIC's and impression on the mighty A6 and some of my current heavy weights to the battle royal! :punch::smiley:

-Clear :muscle::sunglasses:
And here I am still waiting for them...probably 3 more weeks at least before I get them... :frowning2:

Jan 2, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #170 of 686
I performed a crappy little test of the A6 Mini today, pitting it against the CCA C10. I did so because they are dissimilar, so the differences would be more apparent to me. Also because people are talking about the C10 again thanks to a Crinicale mention.

These are just my impressions, comparing the C10 to the A6M in three different pieces. It's short and not very detailed. I don't know if other people will have the same experience with the audio. I'm using the black filters.

I put a space inside the Youtube links so that they don't show up in the post, as this isn't very thorough.

Radiohead - No Surprises.

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5CVsCnxyXg

The A6 Mini projected thicker, more powerful strings and a thicker and more prominent overall sound. Timbre was close, although the A6M might be a little more naturalistic.

Vocals were more clear and easy to distinguish on the C10, though, and sound kind of muffled/mumbly on the A6M by comparison.

Strings are more syrupy on the A6M. Very crisp and clear bells, too.

--

The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7oAuba3Ekg

A6M: Incredible dynamics on A6M, subtle and complex. It captures that there are multiple tracks rising and fading simultaneously. Vibrant synths that are punchy and clear, except for a few blatty ones. Guitar sounds like it is nearby. Not sure about the vocal texture, but the vocal tuning is good. Captivating beat.

C10: Opening dynamics are fainter, more subtle. C10 might have greater bass quantity with synths at times, but not greater quality. Vocal tuning inferior to A6M. Bass, guitar, and percussion sound more synthetic than A6M. Tuning is still kind of 'fun.' C10 sounds more like a MIDI / 'Sound Blaster' toy, here. Feels like there's less dynamic range.

--

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (Live at Montreux 1981)

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=_86Gm9iclAg

C10: enjoyable crowd cheering, good separation and positioning, thick guitar, no harshness or peaks, even with guitar treble, crisp percussion, respectable soundstage containing multiple thick instruments, musical tuning captures harmonies, elevated vocals. Despite rounded-off tuning, guitars still occasionally get shredded properly. C10 can shift between phrases effortlessly and fluidly.

A6M: Strings are immediately sharper, tuning brings out more subtle changes in pitch. Bass from percussion, guitar and synths is lesser in quantity, but tighter. Separation and soundstage sounds a little more artificial. Better piano and synth string imaging. Vocals are just another track, not elevated. Good guitar plucking at 11:25, given the limited recording.

I think strings on the A6M might get a little treble-hot at times, not sure.

Jan 3, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #174 of 686
I used to be a big fan of LZ, but both my A4 and A5 started developing driver issues after a year or so. I wasn't the only one having these issues either. I used multiple working cables each time to make sure. I'd be hesitant to throw down another $300 on LZ for at least another generation until those QC problems are fixed.

Jan 3, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #175 of 686
I used to be a big fan of LZ, but both my A4 and A5 started developing driver issues after a year or so. I wasn't the only one having these issues either. I used multiple working cables each time to make sure. I'd be hesitant to throw down another $300 on LZ for at least another generation until those QC problems are fixed.

I think that's fair.

Some guys in this thread have had issues with the bassier filters for the A6 and with mine I experience terrible driver flex, my left sides thread for the filter is really shoddy done,
the cable for the left side has to be aligned at a certain angle for it to work properly.

And yet, I am seriously considering buying a back up pair because I love them so much.

Jan 3, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #176 of 686
Is the LZ Z05A using the same housing / same size as the A6 Mini?

No. Its much smaller. Fits completely in my ear and sits flush with the ear opening. Very comfortable. Very light.

A couple reference pics since I'm home now.
IMG_20200103_165408.jpg
IMG_20200103_165319.jpg
IMG_20200103_165206.jpg

Jan 3, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #177 of 686
I'm actually having issues with the glue holding the screens on the filters. Blue filter has already lost a screen and the Black filters shown in the photos above is losing the glue. The screen is actually loose on one side and it's about to go bye bye. A shame they can't sell individual filters to rectify this.

Jan 7, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #179 of 686
I love my CNT but i have very annoying problem the mmcx connection of the right one keeps getting little interrupts with 5 different cables almost any time i move my head, Any advice about it ?

Try cleaning the mmcx socket itself?

Jan 15, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #180 of 686
My 50 days with LZ A6 summary.
I know you guys love this headphone, but for me it is a no go. Much as I love mids and highs and ability to play multiple instruments at the same time preserving their clarity and identity, the bass is where it is severely lacking to me. I am by no means a basshead, but bass is just too weak with no impact or subbass rumble. Filters which I find mostly useless (black, red, silver are usable) are not helping here. Pink and purple just darker whole sound to the point it losses its crispiness. I find myself using red and silver filters most of the time with red ones becoming clogged with moisture after one hour of more bassy songs (I listen to rock and metal). I use Final E tips and stock cable which give me best fit, which is still not satisfactory most of the times (also left IEM sticks out more of the ear than right). I still could swear right side plays a bit quieter, which might suggest bad quality control on the side of LZ. From my point of view there is a lot to improve, but most likely I will not trust LZ in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back