LZ A5
Jan 31, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #511 of 1,177
Has anyone else noticed that male vocals can get a little hot on certain tracks (on all filters)?

I'm using red filters right now, they are wonderful. Only complaint being male vocals. Placebo - Meds. Or Rammstein - feuer frei, for an example.

Weirdly enough - female vocals are always spot on.

Feb 1, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #513 of 1,177
Sorry if I missed it, but was isolation/sound leakage discussed? I listen to a lot of my music in a noisy mall.

I don't think it's great with the silicone or provided foam tips however I find it to be really good with Comply Isolation Foam tips. I've already had a few instances where people have been shouting my name whilst I've got these in and I've been completely oblivious until they came over and nudged me.

Feb 1, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #514 of 1,177
I don't think it's great with the silicone or provided foam tips however I find it to be really good with Comply Isolation Foam tips. I've already had a few instances where people have been shouting my name whilst I've got these in and I've been completely oblivious until they came over and nudged me.
Thanks Rav for your very quick reply. Can you get a pretty deep insertion on these, I don't like shallow fitting iems?

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #516 of 1,177
Thanks Rav for your very quick reply. Can you get a pretty deep insertion on these, I don't like shallow fitting iems?
The nozzles are more narrow than average and they're quite long. This is actually one of the very few IEMs that I can use with medium size tips.

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #521 of 1,177
You are 100% correct. What's won me over to but these is Crabdog's reply that the nozzle is long and thin. My ear canals are slightly narrow, so the A5's should fit pretty good.

Yeah fair enough. I'm generally using small tips for the IEM's I've previously had (Westone W4 and Flare R2Pro) and these again fit me with small tips. I haven't actually tried medium tips though in fairness.

Feb 1, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #523 of 1,177
I like the stock cable.

I'm having trouble finding the perfect tips though. The KZ's don't sit right, and one of the JVC Spiral dots got lodged in my ear because the nozzle is so thin. Slipped right off. The Spiral Dots seem the best but I need something with a wide bore that can take a thin nozzle. I don't like the stock tips, and the Comply flattens the sound a bit too much for me

Feb 1, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #524 of 1,177
I like the stock cable.

I'm having trouble finding the perfect tips though. The KZ's don't sit right, and one of the JVC Spiral dots got lodged in my ear because the nozzle is so thin. Slipped right off. The Spiral Dots seem the best but I need something with a wide bore that can take a thin nozzle. I don't like the stock tips, and the Comply flattens the sound a bit too much for me

Try spinfit cp100 or cp220m1 or m2. I am using cp220m2 right now and it works wonders. Nothing else fits me other than cp100. But i still get a bit better seal with cp220.

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #525 of 1,177
Has anyone else noticed that male vocals can get a little hot on certain tracks (on all filters)?

I'm using red filters right now, they are wonderful. Only complaint being male vocals. Placebo - Meds. Or Rammstein - feuer frei, for an example.

Weirdly enough - female vocals are always spot on.
I noticed that A5 can get a bit overbright in upper mids/low highs, with any filters, also noticeable in cymbals sustain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back