Jan 20, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #379 of 1,177
My take on the LZ A5. Enjoy! :dt880smile:

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2018/01/20/lz-a5/

photo_2018-01-20_11-33-37.jpg

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #383 of 1,177
Nice review!

Any comments on the Falcon C vs the A5?
Hope this helps!

The sub-bass reproduction on the A5 has more authority and confidence. It is able to deliver extra punch to the overall presentation. A5 has more body in the midrange with forward upper mids. The Falcon-C has better transparency. The definition is around the same. In terms of treble, A5 is brighter but Falcon-C is able to portray it with additional smoothness. Lastly, both have similar width magnitude and Falcon-C has more depth.
dunulz.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #384 of 1,177
Hope this helps!

The sub-bass reproduction on the A5 has more authority and confidence. It is able to deliver extra punch to the overall presentation. A5 has more body in the midrange with forward upper mids. The Falcon-C has better transparency. The definition is around the same. In terms of treble, A5 is brighter but Falcon-C is able to portray it with additional smoothness. Lastly, both have similar width magnitude and Falcon-C has more depth.
Thanks!

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #386 of 1,177
Hope this helps!

Nice comparison , how you compare the instruments separation and layering on both specially with some fast tracks ,

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #388 of 1,177
Nice comparison , how you compare the instruments separation and layering on both specially with some fast tracks ,
for that case, i feel a5 is slightly better.
Any comment on the different tips you have used? Included tips, Comply, Sure, Spinfit and / or anything other?
I use a variety of tips but testing is done with stock tips.

Jan 20, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #389 of 1,177
for that case, i feel a5 is slightly better.

I use a variety of tips but testing is done with stock tips.

Thanks for the response. I will try the stock tips when my A5 comes and then look into what options we have should I need better isolation / fit.

I'm going to end up using these through my phone (OnePlus 5) and Macbook Pro via Meridian Explorer 2. Looking at getting a specific DAP and from what I can see, the Fiio X7 Mark ii with the 3A amp module with balanced output might be a good option. Anyone know how that DAP works with these iems?

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #390 of 1,177

Cheers, mate. Your comparison to the iBasso IT03 is of particular interest to me. I'm a huge fan of strong, deep bass that doesn't compromise too much on the rest of the spectrum.

The IT03 also looks much better than the borderline-pink honda-winged A5. I also dont care much for the filters because I am quite content with black-black on the LZ-A4. However, the A4's ergonomics are too lackluster when compared to Westone/Earsonics type IEMs.

Does the IT03 have good mids or is it worth the extra $20 for the A5's mids?

My BGVP DM5 has super strong bass but the mids are too recessed for acoustic/vocal music. Perfect for bassy EDM though.. (Such as Troyboi)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back