LZ A5
Jan 3, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #106 of 1,177
DD-AUDIO on Aliexpress and LSR-DIRECT on Amazon(search for LZ A5 as keyword) is now for sale or pre-sale more accurately. The item should be released around 8th Jan. Hope this will help.
I can personally vouch for D.D Audio as well. They've been a great store to deal with and I have been very happy with my transactions with them each and every time I've ordered from them.

Jan 3, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #107 of 1,177
Aliexpress only buy from DDAudio Store and Penon. I had serious problems with **** Earphones.

Jan 3, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #108 of 1,177
After discussing with LZ directly, I got info that the main difference between A4 and A5 will be treble. Bass is confirmed to sit between black and red filter on A4, as I previously speculated.

Even a slight increase in sound quality is fine with me, as the ergonomics of A5s are way better, and it's hard for me to get a perfect seal with A4s.

Color me interested. I'm probably going to buy them the first day they are available.

I assume it's quality not quantity of the treble?

And do we know if the low mids will be the same as on the A4?

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #109 of 1,177
And it would be great to know, if possible, if LZ has worked in drivers sound crossover somehow. I remember some posts mentioning little lack of coherence regarding A4s (of course, it does not have to be true and can be very subjective). Just curious.

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #110 of 1,177
Frequency response curve, from LZ's taobao store

TB2M1Ucc7fb_uJkSmLyXXcxoXXa_!!1766148719.png

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #111 of 1,177
I can personally vouch for D.D Audio as well. They've been a great store to deal with and I have been very happy with my transactions with them each and every time I've ordered from them.
Yep, Lillian from DD Audio is very helpful, I've always had a good experience from that store, and I've started exclusively ordering from them. Penon is good as well, but their prices on AE are a bit higher than their own website, and I feel a lot better ordering from AliExpress due to its dispute/refund policy.
Currently LZ A5 is nowhere to be found on AE though, but it'll be available again soon, I'm going to take the plunge when it comes back in stock.

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #112 of 1,177
Didn’t LZ send out prototypes of the A4 to select reviewers in advance for their thoughts and then LZ ultimately made changes and we got the current A4? They didn’t do that again with the A5?

It seems like the prototype process for feedback benefitted the A4’s greatly.
Some complained about the ergonomics of A4. LZ also knew which combinations of filters of A4 are more popular. Not to mention the reviews available. So, I guess he just knew what he should improve on A5.

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #114 of 1,177
Yep, Lillian from DD Audio is very helpful, I've always had a good experience from that store, and I've started exclusively ordering from them. Penon is good as well, but their prices on AE are a bit higher than their own website, and I feel a lot better ordering from AliExpress due to its dispute/refund policy.
Currently LZ A5 is nowhere to be found on AE though, but it'll be available again soon, I'm going to take the plunge when it comes back in stock.
I talked with Lillian once and she's very nice. If I go to Aliexpress, DD audio is always my first choice.

Jan 4, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #115 of 1,177
So apparently filters are as follows:

Blue : 3KHz ~ 10KHz +2db
Black: 3KHz ~ 10KHz +1db
Gray : 3KHz ~ 10KHz -1db
Red : 3KHz ~ 10KHz -2db

Also, these start out from 8HZ (A4's were marketed as 10Hz with red filter) so there is a high possibility for more sub-bass rumble. Yay!

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #116 of 1,177
And it would be great to know, if possible, if LZ has worked in drivers sound crossover somehow. I remember some posts mentioning little lack of coherence regarding A4s (of course, it does not have to be true and can be very subjective). Just curious.

The A4 has no coherency issues - at least not to my tastes anyway. It has a really nice transition from lower to upper mid-range. They also developed and sold their Big Dipper (current flagship) - a 7BA per side (Knowles) with active crossovers. They are outstanding. They are so good I purchased a set (yep - paid real money for them). I could have simply kept my review set - but I make a practise of buying anything I really like for personal use. Easy choice for me - one of my most used IEMs.

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #117 of 1,177
The A4 has no coherency issues - at least not to my tastes anyway. It has a really nice transition from lower to upper mid-range. They also developed and sold their Big Dipper (current flagship) - a 7BA per side (Knowles) with active crossovers. They are outstanding. They are so good I purchased a set (yep - paid real money for them). I could have simply kept my review set - but I make a practise of buying anything I really like for personal use. Easy choice for me - one of my most used IEMs.

Thank you. It is not the same thing to read a public review, than someone experienced saying it plain. No more worries about this.

On the other hand, I can't afford Big Dipper now (and not sure if they are what I'm looking for), but I'm waiting for A4 delivery and, depending on A5 sound signature and changes vs A4, will save some money for them too.

I like funny iems cause mainly listen to them when I'm out, and cannot enjoy music analysis as at home at lower volumes.

Also, I'm very eclectical regarding music tastes, and need some "all terrain" sound signature. It is the reason I'm so interested in LZ tunable products, because of filter flexibility and excellent base sound.

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #118 of 1,177
Hopefully I'll have the A5 within a couple of weeks. I'll measure it and post the filter differences when they arrive.

Jan 4, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #120 of 1,177
This is not directly related but is there good audio shops in Singapore that i can buy or test IEMs like LZ or ibasso etc.

I am flying over in June and want to see if its better to wait until then as might be cheaper or just get them in UK sooner.
Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back