1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LZ A5

First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last
  1. lmfboy01
    Anyone can tell me how hard is it to switch 3.5 to 2.5 balanced ? Just got me a copper cryo 7n specifically for the A5's and maybe the dorados but I wanna switch to either 4.4 or 2.5mm balanced later. Lemme know!

2. Bubblejuice
    The ones I'm talking about have a rough looking outer layer. I'm not sure if they are hybrids. I'll find a link later today.

I personally use small tips. I can't use anything larger for the most part.

3. Dsnuts Contributor
    [​IMG] These are what you speak of. Nice. I had no idea Sony made such tips. Will have to explore these tips.

Bubblejuice likes this.
  4. Bubblejuice
    Yeah, those are the ones I'm talking about.

5. Dsnuts Contributor
    Just looking at the design of them they look like they are made more for comfort with similar sonics as their hybrid tips. The bores and shapes are about the same size. The reason why the Comply tips works to soften the highs a touch is I think the foam material at the top portion must act as a bit of sound deadening material in the ear. Probably decreases some resonances that can happen in the ear.

[​IMG]

6. Bubblejuice
    I think that's what the "rough" texture might do to some degree. There's a popular 20 iem tip comparison blog. These are one of them.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  7. B9Scrambler
    Finally found a setup with which these can be enjoyable. Red filters, HiFiMan RE800 stock bi-flange, playing through HiFi E.T. MA8. Treble quality is still underwhelming for the price, but at least with this setup it isn't too distracting.

8. Mdclol
    Recently picked up the iBasso IT01. They're nice, but the A5s are better. IT01 has thinner mids and weaker bass in comparison. IT01s are horrible for listening to in bed, while the A5s with removed memory wire melt away into your ears.

Still enjoying the sh1t out of these LZ-A5s. Forget westone, shure 846, or any other overpriced offering.

PacoBdn, thejoker13 and Bubblejuice like this.
  9. expatriot
    Is the memory wire removable on the A5?

10. Bubblejuice
    Yeah, but leave about 1/3-1/2 cm of wire+heatshrink or the connectors begin to separate.

If you have extra heatshrink and super glue, it's fixable (I learned the hard way. But I do have very strong connectors now lol).

Also, heads up, LZ told me they will be selling the cable separately for about $35 within the next month or so.

11. Dsnuts Contributor
    Had some quiality listening time last night using my IDSD BL connected to my N5ii. They sound absoluetly amazing with this combo. Though it was the first time I had to use the sensitivity switch on the BL. Love the airy spacious presentation of the A5s. They defintiely do well with more power.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Ahmad313 likes this.
  12. Dsnuts Contributor
    You know I think all the treble talk might have scared off people in trying these out. The more I get to know the sound signature the more I am appreciating the sound of the LZ A5. I am looking forward to my next IEM purchase in the IT04 and I am gonna be honest here. I bought these used so I can try them. I was planning on maybe reselling them if I feel they weren't a nice upgrade from my current daily driver in my SD7 hybrid and SD7 plus model

But the more I am hearing them the more I am understanding just how good these earphones are. For one I am continuing to burn them in. I read previously from some of the posters that these are source dependent. I think they are more synergistic dependent. What I mean by this is your source has to be clean and has to be fed good quality tracks. If you have a source with good layering and dynamics in the sound quality. It shows brilliantly though the A5. I was listening to these all day on my N5ii dap and I can't tell you guys just how much I enjoyed this paring.

The first thing that really separates the A5 from my other phones is just how dynamic and precise the imagery is on these phones. My other phones portray the tune but these paint a picture. A well recorded track with separated percussion, guitar, instruments in background and foreground with clean vocals and the imagery is unfounded. My SD7 hybrid is an excellent phone for the price and also has 4BAs and a dynamic. There is no question in my mind which one has the higher end tuning. It was meant to be a stop gap before I got my IT04

But somehow I have a feeling these will more than hang with the IT04. Even better. These will have a permanent place in my rotation of earphones I use right next to my IT04. My advise to guys that are or were considering purchasing these. Jump in with both feet. They require a bit of patience a good cable and the right tips and imo a thorough break in but once you get all that right. You will be rewarded with a very serious dose of higher end sonics that you will not soon forget.

LZ is for real!

duyu, ericp10, Ahmad313 and 6 others like this.
  13. Ksoup
    Popping my posting cherry here to give my 2c about LZ A4 vs LZ A5.
    Thanks to tou guys here at Head-fi, I discovered and fell in love with LZ A4 which I’ve been using over 6 months with Black back/ Blue front filter. So when I heard about LZ A5 I just had to get them.

Frankly, I was disappointed with LZ A5 When i first got them. The high-mid is so piercing comparing to A4. The vocals on some of the tracks are downright abrasive making them unlistenable. I was really considering selling the A5. But something about A5 makes me keep going back to them instead of A4. I discovered that the dynamic, timber, 3Dness just a step above A4.

Vocals take a step back on A5 and blend well with the music. By comparison, A4 vocals are “in your face” and “shouty”.
    Detail retrival is also excellent, I could hear more nuance and etc, some I couldn’t hear previously with A4.
    Another thing that A5 excels at is the music instruments timber especially with guitar.
    Thus, on acoustic tracks, A5 simply sounds divine and much much better than A4.

As for taming the abrasive high mid, I tried several tips; sony, ath, comply foam, spinfit, and spiral dot. I think Spiral dot did help a little bit but could not get rid of the piercing feeling completely. Then I discovered Ostry OS300 tips (extra filter tuning tips) and these make the female vocals heavenly sweet and smooth. Now with the better SQ and housing comfiness, there is no reason to go back to LZ A4 anymore.

Seriously guys until LZ come out with new filters, give ostry os200 or os300 tips a try.

PacoBdn likes this.
  14. SteveKiwi
    Have you tried the Sony Triple Comfort tips that were mentioned earlier in this thread?
    They work really well for me

15. Ksoup
    [​IMG] I tried the sony double flange but found them uncomfortable. I’ve never been a fan of multi flange tips.

First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last